Swiftech Apogee Drive II

wevsspot

Yep, you could get one of the Swiftech Quietpower series with the built in reservoir and that would be pretty sweet  :)

I especially like the flexibility of their new QP radiators with multiple fill port orientations and multiple in/out port orientations.

I'd have to say better, how much i dont know...... but it will cast more.   

h100i 100$

custom loop to match the h100i

apogee   145$

4 striaght 1/2 compression fittings  7.49 each  29.96$

Swiftech MCR220 "Quiet Power" 2 x 120mm Radiator w/ Reservoir 49.95

2 fans 9.99$ each 19.98$

2' of tygon 3603 tubing 5$

total $249.89

so your looking at $145 more on a custom loop that will work as good if not a little better then a h100i

My loop i have set up has a dd360 extreme rad, res, and a 670 FC waterblock.    videocard runs at stock speeds and the 2500k is at 4.2ghz and everything stays within temp ranges while gaming.

No question going this route isn't as cost effective as buying a self contained pre-fabbed unit.  My main point of emphasis was that this is a nifty little unit with a great pump, small in form factor and you still get the ability to customize to your loop to your heart's content.  Pick your tubing color, radiator size, radiator placement, fans etc.

It's not really an apples to apples comparison so to speak.

As far as overall cooling performance... results are documented on at least two websites that I can't link to here.

I put one of these in my last build mainly because I wanted to save on space, and it works well, (and is quiet :) ) I also have one of swiftech's pump/rad units in another system and it's been working good as well the only thing about that unit is the res on the rad is pretty small and if you dont get all the air out of the loop it makes quite a bit of noise (air going throug the pump) but it also has a 35x pump on it that can be changed or purchased seperately...

Hyper - I used to have one of those Swiftech combo radiator / pumps too.  It took a long time to bleed and it was noisy as hell until all the air bubbles had clear out   :)

I thought about adapting a larger res to the fill cap to help reduce that but never got around to it. The unit works great after you get the air bled out of it though.