How-to Make A CPU Keychain

Bosco

How would you rate this guide? (10 being the best)  

67 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate this guide? (10 being the best)

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would of being better if he would of told you about the abilities of a Dremel. It'll cut through the pins fast, and then you can use a sanding bit to smooth it out. I know from experience with an old P1. The danged thing ate about five cutting wheels when I was trying to cut the housing, though. I resorted to Mr. Sledgehammer.

7/10

A dremel wwould work , just not the best idea, hence why I chose to bend it off, its a clean way of killing the pins\

a dremel would have the potential to damage the cpu, damage as in scratch and/or break in half, this aplies to cpu's. w/ a silicon variant PCB. those with ciramic would have no problem when using a dremel.

A dremel wwould work , just not the best idea, hence why I chose to bend it off, its a clean way of killing the pins\

a dremel would have the potential to damage the cpu, damage as in scratch and/or break in half, this aplies to cpu's. w/ a silicon variant PCB. those with ciramic would have no problem when using a dremel.

And there's always the problem of those pretty gold pins getting lost/lodged in your eye.

and that was also pointed out in the conclusion of the article

trusty dremel, but I would suggest that you take cover because once those pins go flying the situation would be equivalent to a trigger-happy gamer spraying.

yes?

What You Need

CPU

Drill

Drill Bit*

Thin straight object, I used a blade from my knife

Key Ring

Bag or paper to hold broken pins

Eye Protection

An unthinkable amount of patience

I gave it a 10/10 good job, now I have to go through my computer junk yard and make one!

:foldon: