Tablet... Surface, Galaxy Note, Nexus 10?

Onion

I'm looking for a tablet for school. 

I like the Galaxy Note 10.1 because I already have a Samsung and I like their build quality, I love the wacom pen for notes by hand in classes, but I don't like the low resolution. Also, there are no good keyboard cases for it.

I like the surface because its practically a laptop that I can carry around, but I heard RT isn't that good, and Pro battery life is terrible. I also don't really like the low resolution screen. I love the keyboard case.

I like the Nexus 10. It seems to do what the Note does, but without a pen, however, it has an insanely high resolution screen.

What else do you guys recommend? Budget is around $700, but cheaper is okay. I can't make up my mind here...

You can always get either one and buy a capacitive pen seperately... I've tried using my friend's once. Though probably not as 'sleek' as S Pen, it was more than adequate for me on my iPad. :cheers:

My mom's got a capacitive pen on her S3, and its just not the same thing. Also, I'd be having issues when I rest my palm on the screen and write on the Nexus, where the S3 has a feature the stop that causing issues. 

^ That's a cell phone, silly. :P 

Another downside to the Nexus, no expandable storage. I'll have to shell out an additional $100 for the 32 gb upgrade from 16 gb. :( I'm interested in the best tablet for the budget though, not the best bang for the buck. 

Well, I've been reading about people going fully paperless with the Galaxy Note. Its gonna be the note. I just wish it had a better screen. :( Thanks for your input, everyone. 

Another downside to the Nexus, no expandable storage. I'll have to shell out an additional $100 for the 32 gb upgrade from 16 gb. :( I'm interested in the best tablet for the budget though, not the best bang for the buck. 

It's a Nexus! Whatcha whining about :P

I'm not sure if there's any available, but you can try and browse through XDA for a ported S Pen software (since the N10 is derived from the Note 10.1, I'm guessing it shouldn't to hard). Not sure how the S Pen & the software interact but, if you need one for the software to work, you can buy a standalone S Pen for $30..

Or you can just get the Note 10.1 and deal with the 1280x800 res. I personally won't since the 'S Pen Experience' doesn't warrant going from a Retina Display to a normal one...

:cheers:

It'll mostly be a tablet for productivity, so the lower resolution isn't too big a deal. I'll seldom be watching movies, and when I do, it'll probably be from Netflix. For something to use as a work tool, it seems to have potential. I'm going to the store today to play with some tablets and I'll see if I really like it. I've got a wacom pen and tablet that I draw with, and although it's not the best system for writing, it still does the job really well, so I can only assume that the galaxy is even better. :dunno: We'll see. :D

Well, I've been reading about people going fully paperless with the Galaxy Note. Its gonna be the note. I just wish it had a better screen. :( Thanks for your input, everyone. 

So what you have decided to buy?

Galaxy Note?