A7n8x Cmos Battery Problems?

greets all,

I've been having intermittant problems with my A7N8X. Sometimes when I boot up it will drop the FSB down to 100 as opposed to 166 and some of my settings may get reset. I checked it with my meter and the battery is making 2.8 volts which seems a little low since the battery is labled 3v. I read something awhile back about some of these boards being shipped with weak batteries but now I can't find anything.

Any help is appreciated

dixieflatline

most battery vlotages are +-.1 anyway..

given my last experiances with ASUS bios, you might want to try an update...

when the bios changes itself, does it automatically go to the bios screen on post?

hmm, thanks all. I'll try getting a new battery, see if that fixes things. it's annoying since the problem is intermittant which makes it hard to isolate. it doesn't go into BIOS (ver 1001.G) when it has a prob, just says the FSB is at 100 on post and continues to boot. WCPUID confirms the FSB is low so I know it's not some error on the post screen. I hadn't even worried about it that much since it only goes wrong about one boot in three but I'm getting ready to OC so I want everything running right before I start. I'll let you know how this turns out (and if the problem was the battery, Asus too).

thanks again :)