23" IPS or 24" TN

sword_fish

afaik the MX series cost much than the VX because the former's Bang & Olufsen speakers built-in. but not a big deal for me cause i'm not after with monitor speakers anyways, that VX with AH-IPS sounds better for me yet cheaper too :D

thanks for the input bp :)

Edited by sword_fish

• 3 months later...

it's been 4 months i've been itching for a new bigger monitor and it's with the Asus VX239H AH-IPS i settled with...finally.

on a side note; there were numerous times that wife seen me browsing with this monitor and maybe she thought how much i wanted a new one. off to the mall we go last Thursday for a break, and later asked where i can get my monitor. it's my late Christmas gift from her.  :woo:

here she goes;

box.jpg

bunch of people here dont get their cables complete, luckily i got mine

DSC00859.jpg

standing side by side with my Sammy

compare1.jpg

compare2.jpg

fired up in comparison

sammy.jpg

shot1.jpg

shot2.jpg

though i got only 2" gain with the old one yet it looks bigger and better in person.

out of the box; everything looks nice, i might tweak a few notch down with the contrast tho... it's my first time with an IPS because :)

gaming @ COD WaW, MW3, MoHWF, BF3.... i'm not a hard core gamer so i cant really justify if there's such ghosting or input lag. afaik theres none and i cannot  tell the difference between 2ms with my samsung vs 5ms gtg with the Asus, looks/feels just the same imo. it's the new colors and detail that pops out what i noted with my new monitor. not to mention with it's sleek & stylish design, such a beauty all i can say.

and thank you guys for helping me out here, i have no regrets with my new monitor :cheers:

Glad you're happy with it!! I remember moving up from a 22" with 1680x1050 to my current 24" with 1920x1200 and it was INSANE the difference I felt. Cherish it before you get used to it :P

Also, I think you have the most pinned taskbar icons I've ever seen :lol:

Nice upgrade and glad you like it.

But, as someone who saw G-Sync in person, I cannot honestly recommend anyone buy a new monitor right now if their main purpose is for gaming. Wait for the G-Sync monitors - they're well worth the extra $100 it seems they will go for.

Glad you're happy with it!! I remember moving up from a 22" with 1680x1050 to my current 24" with 1920x1200 and it was INSANE the difference I felt. Cherish it before you get used to it :P

cherish?  wifey: "hey i think you're spending much time staring with your new monitor than me lately eh, and dont you know it's 2 in the morning?" :slap: jealous ?...my fault?... :lol:

those icons, yep but idk i just hate clutter at my desktop and  those four will be there just for awhile. :)

I'm ordering an LG 27" IPS monitor next week, yours looks great.

thanks! how about the VX279H?

But, as someone who saw G-Sync in person, I cannot honestly recommend anyone buy a new monitor right now if their main purpose is for gaming. Wait for the G-Sync monitors - they're well worth the extra $100 it seems they will go for.

no regrets :)

Nice to see you went with the VX after all. :) Looks like a very sweet monitor. Glad you like it.

thanks! i just took your word for it :happy:

Edited by sword_fish

cherish?  wifey: "hey i think you're spending much time staring with your new monitor than me lately eh, and dont you know it's 2 in the morning?" :slap: jealous ?...my fault?... :lol:

those icons, yep but idk i just hate clutter at my desktop and  those four will be there just for awhile. :)

I'm ordering an LG 27" IPS monitor next week, yours looks great.

thanks! how about the VX279H?

no regrets :)

Nice to see you went with the VX after all. :) Looks like a very sweet monitor. Glad you like it.

thanks! i just took your word for it :happy:

I was just looking at that but I kinda got sold on the anti-glare feature.

wondering what's with the 3H at LG's anti glare feature. i'm fine with the VX's "regular" matte screen tho and i have this window just behind/left by my desk yet my monitor was absolutely glare free. so did with my desk lamp either room's overhead LED lighting.

i have both 19" ips and a 19 inch tn side by side on my desk , the ips is so much more vivid and less tiring on the eyes , there really is no comparison ips wins hands down !

Edited by davemonkey

wondering what's with the 3H at LG's anti glare feature. i'm fine with the VX's "regular" matte screen tho and i have this window just behind/left by my desk yet my monitor was absolutely glare free. so did with my desk lamp either room's overhead LED lighting.

Same here, I was thinking it'd reduce things like lamp glare or if someone shines a flashlight at you on it. I'll have to do some tests.