Gaming Rig - SLI GTX460 Hawk

Wallaby

@Locutus: in my opinion, which is the same than yours, DFI was the best mobo manufacturer for overclocking and gaming purposes. :)

I also wondered why they stopped building new LanParty mobos, I just think that they never sold the number of mobos they expected... just because they were not as known as Asus or MSI or Gigabyte... :unsure:

@Owenisbad: okay, thanks for the feedback :) I think I'll buy a G500 :)

Talking about the temps I get with my GTX460s, I think you mean the temperatures, well, with the Twin Frozr 2 cooling system, I get 75 ° C (167 ° F) with the top video card, when the system is fully charged, when running a game for example, and I never exceed 65 ° C (149 ° F) with the video card which is at the bottom, in the same situation, when playing a game for example. :)

Edited by Wallaby

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Locutus: in my opinion, which is the same than yours, DFI was the best mobo manufacturer for overclocking and gaming purposes. :)

I also wondered why they stopped building new LanParty mobos, I just think that they never sold the number of mobos they expected... just because they were not as known as Asus or MSI or Gigabyte... :unsure:

@Owenisbad: okay, thanks for the feedback :) I think I'll buy a G500 :)

Talking about the temps I get with my GTX460s, I think you mean the temperatures, well, with the Twin Frozr 2 cooling system, I get 75 ° C (167 ° F) with the top video card, when the system is fully charged, when running a game for example, and I never exceed 65 ° C (149 ° F) with the video card which is at the bottom, in the same situation, when playing a game for example. :)

Yeah sorry I did mean temperatures, and yours are great! :thumbsup: I thought it might be more like 90c in games haha. I really want to get a crossfire or sli setup at some point, just don't have the money at the moment :P

Yeah sorry I did mean temperatures, and yours are great! :thumbsup: I thought it might be more like 90c in games haha. I really want to get a crossfire or sli setup at some point, just don't have the money at the moment :P

haha lol2.gif you're talking about my temps here 92°c in battlefield 3 lol2.gif

@cery25: nope bro, in fact, I love playing on a clean desk :) so it's almost always clean :P

@GoLLuM13: Your SLI GTX470 from Asus, is it the DirectCu version ?

@Owenisbad: haha yeah I see, the only way to get more than 90 ° C with my hotter graphics card (the one at the top) is to run a FurMark benchmark. :lol:

Wait a moment, I'm gonna run one to show you guys, it's the only benchmark which is able to make my computer crash :lol:

edit: okay guys, I just ran a FurMark, and I managed to reach 93 ° C :ph34r: (200 ° F for American people) ! As I said it's the only benchmark which is able to make my computer warm that much, and sometimes, it can also make it crash :lol:

Look at the pic below :)

http://nsa22.casimages.com/img/2012/01/04/120104065551172935.jpg

Edited by Wallaby

i wished it was DCU but the custom models are very rare, i think there's only MSI and Gigabyte who made a custom model, Asus just abandoned the 465 / 470 and 480 :down:

okay. let's wait for the GTX6XX series now :evilgrin:

I had a project before, I wanted to buy a GTX580 instead of my GTX460s, but I cancelled it.. in fact, the cost of a GTX580 would have been much more expansive, compared to the cost of my GTX460s :) regarding the performances, they are roughly the same, so I didn't hesitate...

okay. let's wait for the GTX6XX series now :evilgrin:

I had a project before, I wanted to buy a GTX580 instead of my GTX460s, but I cancelled it.. in fact, the cost of a GTX580 would have been much more expansive, compared to the cost of my GTX460s :) regarding the performances, they are roughly the same, so I didn't hesitate...

initially i was going to do the same, but stock rupture of GTX460 and like you know i can't wait with my geographical situation, so i took a 470 than the other for my birthday :P

the only thing that disappoints me, noise and heat especially the night :lol:

initially i was going to do the same, but stock rupture of GTX460 and like you know i can't wait with my geographical situation, so i took a 470 than the other for my birthday :P

the only thing that disappoints me, noise and heat especially the night :lol:

omg my computer is very noisy, especially when I'm playing! Because all my fans runs at their maximum speed, it's really annoying and almost unbearable if I don't use a headset or if I don't increase the sound volume :whistling:

talking about the heat, the GTX470 is a graphics card which is very known for its heat, unfortunately :whistling:

Edited by Wallaby

omg my computer is very noisy, especially when I'm playing! Because all my fans runs at their maximum speed, it's really annoying if I don't use a headset or if I don't increase the sound volume :whistling:

talking about the heat, the GTX470 is a graphics card which is very known for its heat, unfortunately :whistling:

Not nearly as much as the 480 lol

omg my computer is very noisy, especially when I'm playing! Because all my fans runs at their maximum speed, it's really annoying if I don't use a headset or if I don't increase the sound volume :whistling:

the project is to watercool them, but you know the events, and i stayed with the air, next time (if there's a next time :lol: ) i'll forget W/C and will base only on a good custom model Twin Frozr or SuperOverclock :thumbsup: