the Fitness Thread

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well today i started my fitness routine, i walked to the local football pitches about 1mile away from where i stay, ran round them twice and gave up :whistling: I plan to do this every morning but, i know i wont stick to it because motivation is lacking :lol:

Well today i started my fitness routine, i walked to the local football pitches about 1mile away from where i stay, ran round them twice and gave up :whistling: I plan to do this every morning but, i know i wont stick to it because motivation is lacking :lol:

if your body ain't used to it, start at max 3 times a week then every 4 weeks add an extra day otherwise you are gonna burn your body out....and have no more motivation..trust me, this is from first(and second) hand experience

if your body ain't used to it, start at max 3 times a week then every 4 weeks add an extra day otherwise you are gonna burn your body out

Should i push myself a little bit further by adding extra time such as 5 mins every time im out running ?

Should i push myself a little bit further by adding extra time such as 5 mins every time im out running ?

just set, let's say 3laps round the pitch..even if you have to walk them. Do it...then everytime, time yourself and see how fast you go round...then slowly slowly you'll get fitter and be able to sprint the laps..and so on

just set, let's say 3laps round the pitch..even if you have to walk them. Do it...then everytime, time yourself and see how fast you go round...then slowly slowly you'll get fitter and be able to sprint the laps..and so on

I never thought of that, ill be doing this tomorrow to see how long this takes me, thanks for the advice :cheers::thumbsup:

I never thought of that, ill be doing this tomorrow to see how long this takes me, thanks for the advice :cheers::thumbsup:

your welcome :cheers:

if you have any more questions, feel free to ask ;)

Edited by Il_napoletano

Well just ran 2 miles, surge running and averaging 7.5 minute mile.

Before that i comleted week two workout 1 in the hundred pushup routine and my Canadian Air-force 5-BX daily workout. (old book i got from my dad, great workouts, i have radically improved since i started doing it last October ,stretches, curls squats pushups and the two mile run)

Since I'm too stingy, I won't spend money on a gym membership. But it's actually amazing what you can achieve with using simple exercises such as pushups, situps, pull ups, dips etc. They can give results real fast and it's way more convenient. A nice way to get started is by downloading the pushup app for android (haven't tried iOS) and use that. It got me in real good shape and it takes no time at all.

Plus to me those kind of exercises makes more sense to me, since they sort of replicate everyday moves, where as a strict curl og a benchpress is not really applicable in everyday scenarios.

Plus to me those kind of exercises makes more sense to me, since they sort of replicate everyday moves, where as a strict curl og a benchpress is not really applicable in everyday scenarios.

when I workout with weights i do power exercises...none of this show stuff like concentrated bicep curl. etc.

an example;

bench press (for any movement that uses pushing)

barbell rows (for any movement that uses pulling)

overhead press(with some variations)

deadlift

Squats ( the no. 1 exercise )

and of course the classics( pullups, sit ups, press ups, and dips)

all these make you fit, strong, and big...no need for bicep curls...

I have found stronglifts 5x5 one of the best workouts ever...check it out..it's free

I wish I had the rich father who buys all my computer hardware and software that Nyt does.

Fixed that for you. :P

As for the thread, well, I do various weight exercises for about 30 minutes a day three or four days a week. Going to step that up to an hour soon though. I also go for a mile or mile and a half walk each day

Music and earbuds:

Walk/run about 5 miles out, 5 miles back. When I'm feeling good, I go up to about 12.

Started out of necessity, I don't claim to have been this motivated on my own. But I got used to it, and I enjoy it.

Just pick a highway, pick a store or something on it a few miles out, and go. Jog or run a little at a time, and in between walk QUICKLY to catch your breath.

Gets you in serious shape, and it's not as hard as it sounds. Once you get out for a bit and get some fresh air and wind in your face, you actually WANT TO pick up the pace. The key is not stopping at all, even if you have to limp slowly for a few minutes, DON'T STOP.

Maybe it's the soldier or the ex-homeless kid in me, but I don't like to stop anyways. Still, if you push yourself far enough you'll feel quite proud of beating the challenge and going it all in one solid trip.

I used to do this 5 times a week, 10 miles out to work, then 10 miles home. Now I don't work so far away, and I kinda have to remain "unseen" where I live (long story) so I only get to do this once a week. But it still feels good to know I've done something challenging and healthy once in a while.

Just be prepared, because it can takes many hours when you're not 100%. Pick a day where you have the free time to spend out there, or maybe walk to take care of errands you'd normally do on foot: If it's still within your time frame. I usually walk to the UPS drop box, which is about 4 miles: Instead of catching a ride and being home in 10 minutes I get a couple hour workout.

Eventually, when you're REALLY getting into shape, take a field bag or backpack, and stack about 50 pounds in it. Don't go overkill, as after a few miles it'll hurt too much to do you any good. But this will also bring a little strength training into it: And a strong back is FAR more important than anything else: I don't care who says what. Being an ex-soldier, I'd bet my a$$ on that.