Help with Motherboard

How much is your friend selling that asus maximus for?

Man!! i just got another problem :O!

a friend told me, the video card i bought needs a " certificate " power supply explain me that...

and if this one http://www.corsair.com/power-supply-units/enthusiast-series-power-supply-units/enthusiast-series-tx650-v2-80-plus-bronze-certified-650-watt-high-performance-power-supply.html works for that video card, because that's the one i bought :(

Your friend shouldn't scare you needlessly. That PSU is the same one I have but my video card is GTX 470 and my processor is i7 920 both overclocked and both consume a lot more than what you have. That PSU you have is amazing and shouldn't worry about anything. If it's the same friend that wants to sell you that maximus mobo then I think he's just an annoyance.(and should be eliminated :ph34r: )

Your friend shouldn't scare you needlessly. That PSU is the same one I have but my video card is GTX 470 and my processor is i7 920 both overclocked and both consume a lot more than what you have. That PSU you have is amazing and shouldn't worry about anything. If it's the same friend that wants to sell you that maximus mobo then I think he's just an annoyance.(and should be eliminated :ph34r: )

Thanks a lot its just that i saw in the Spec of the video card http://www.palit.biz/palit/vgapro.php?id=1486 it says Supplementary Power Connectors 6-pin X2

and I wasnt sure that the PSU had that connector :/ But Thanks a lot!!

Thanks a lot its just that i saw in the Spec of the video card http://www.palit.biz/palit/vgapro.php?id=1486 it says Supplementary Power Connectors 6-pin X2

and I wasnt sure that the PSU had that connector :/ But Thanks a lot!!

It does. If I had a camera I'd take a picture of the 2 x 6 pins that are in my own video card.

I'm curious though.. If this is right,

hsknci.jpg

it doesn't support Multiple cards with two 8/6 pins?

@OP: Can you tell us other choices/alternative boards you can get? Like everybody said, $320 is too expensive. With $320 you can get a new MAXIMUS IV Extreme-Z Z68 Board instead.

Edited by vandreadstriker

I'm curious though.. If this is right,

hsknci.jpg

it doesn't support Multiple cards with two 8/6 pins?

@OP: Can you tell us other choices/alternative boards you can get? Like everybody said, $320 is too expensive. With $320 you can get a new MAXIMUS IV Extreme-Z Z68 Board instead.

It doesn't support SLI or corssfire, no. But I wouldn't crossfire or SLI on a 650 anyway.

Your PSU is good.

And @320, you shouldn't buy used maximus. Buy that Gigabyte or buy MSI Z77A-GD65.

everything my friend is selling, is new, he bring stuff from America and that's the big issue, he only have 3 options

1)Motherboard 1155 ASUS MAXIMUS EXTREME IV I3/ I5/ I7 INTEL P67/ 4X DDR3 DUAL]CH / 6X SATA

2)Motherboard 1155 ASUS P8 H67]M PRO I3/ I5/ I7 INTEL H67B3 4xDDR3 DUAL]CH / 6X SATA

3)Motherboard 1155 ASUS SABERTOOTH P67 I3/ I5/ I7 INTEL 4xDDR3 DUAL]CH / 8X SATA

but if you guys give me name like "d6mg" MSI Z77A-GD65 i can look for it in a page similar like " amazon or ebay or newegg" its called mercadolibre.com

but what is there is just people that bring stuff from America so i have to be lucky.. you understand?

The biggest Store in this city, has amazing stuff of electronics but just sound and TVs, but in computer that best they got is the Intel Core i5-2320 -.-!!! ya..

and they have no motherboard lol.. and the best video card is 512mb.. so you can imagine.