Gigabyte GTX 275 GV-N275UD-896I vs Sapphire ATI Radeon HD4890 2G DDR5

mrc1992

hi can u tell me which card to get the 275 is 30 dollars cheaper but i have the cash for the ati but which one is better i will be running most high end games including crysis and gta4 i will be playing games at 1600x1050 and higher maybe 1920x1200 so tell me the truth

Regards Mitchell

None is better. One wins in some games/task while the other wins in other games/tasks.

If I had to choose between the 2 I'll go for the GTX275 although at this time I would not recommend buying either. I'll personally go for a 5770. The performance is a bit lower than the 4890 but I think it will eventually beat it in DX11 games.

Yeah man, I love these 5770's, they OC like crazy and there DX11 for good future proofing, in your case, you have to wait a little while for a 5770, 5850, 5870 because of problems with TMSC. Just wait a week or two until e-tailers re stock, and pick one or two up. :D

Edited by MJCRO

its only futureproofing as much as direct x 11 comes through. with no games it supports it really hasnt yet been anything other than a unusable option.

yeah nothing is ever future proof, but the performance is.

i dont want to get an ati card

Your loss. I don't really see how you jumped from a GTX275 versus a 2 GB 4890 to "I don't want ATI" though.

Of the two I'd get the 275 if it's cheaper than the 4890 (though if you can get a 1 GB 4890 for less I'd choose the 1 GB 4890 over the 275). If you have the cash (and you can find one) I'd suggest a 5850 though.