Guild Wars 2

WhenKittensATK

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Pre-order packs revealed, you can buy them on April 10th

All pre-orders get access to all beta events.

The Guild Wars 2 Prices:

Collector’s Edition retails at $150 /€149.99/£129.99

Digital Deluxe at $69.99/€74.99/£64.99

Standard Edition at $49.99/€54.99/£49.99

Edited by AZNguyen

Going to pass on both collector's editions. Wish the in-game items they are giving away had a little more value and were not consumables vs perm items. If that storage golem were perm, that might have swayed me to buy digital deluxe.

Not to fret, if you own Guild Wars 1 you can still earn Hall of Monuments points pre-GW2 and post-GW2 launch for free loot. You can get armor pieces and weapons to use in stats transfers (so the items you unlock are purely cosmetic). You can also unlock unique miniatures, titles, and ranger pets.

I'm sitting on 16/50 points:

6 piece item set (Heritage armor)

Gnarly Walking Stick

Living Shortbow

Orange Tabby Cat mini-pet

Fiery Dragon Sword (This was like the ebotdz of Diablo :D)

Diamond Aegis

Baroque Mask

Centurion's Claw

Wheelock Rifle

Orrian Baby Chicken mini-pet

Black Moa ranger pet

Wayward Wand

Traveler, Guild Warrior, and Rift Warden in-game titles

Edited by AZNguyen

Just received an email from NCsoft PR, another round of select media beta invites are going out.

It runs from Friday, March 23 to Sunday, March 25.

The embargo for coverage will lift on the Monday, March 26, 6:00AM PDT. All coverage and details of the beta must be posted after this date.

Safe to say public beta starts in April when preorder is released. Would make sense since the unlock date is April 10th and not now.

Is it going to be released on a platform like the steam? :P

They have the older games on Steam, but never at launch from what I remembered. They were only added long after the games came out. The game itself uses its own launcher and updater like Blizzard games.

As of yet, they haven't said it would or would not be on Steam.

They have the older games on Steam, but never at launch from what I remembered. They were only added long after the games came out. The game itself uses its own launcher and updater like Blizzard games.

As of yet, they haven't said it would or would not be on Steam.

When GW was originally released, Steam didn't have any MMOs. When GW finally came to Steam, NCSoft brought its other MMOs along with it, so I think now that there is both an established relationship and a history of MMO support on Steam, it'd surprise me if this wasn't available on Steam, day one. The only thing I see keeping it out of Steam is if Valve doesn't approve of GW2's cash store.

ANet announced they will launch an official Guild Wars 2 forum, before they only used fan sites.

. Making 59 bronze ingots? You want to sit 3-5 seconds to make each ingots? No thanks :D Edited by AZNguyen