OCC Review: Uniblue Registry Booster 2

Nemo

Uniblue Registry Booster 2 Review

After months of use, you might notice your computer's speed has been tarnished since the day you bought or built it. One of the most common ways to keep your computer up to speed is to keep the registry clean. The registry is where Windows configuration files among others are stored. The fewer files that are in your registry, the less time it will take Windows to sort through the registry. Uniblue's Registry Booster 2 will be put to the test to see how a cleaned registry impacts performance. Just how clean will the registry be? How much will performance be altered? Is this registry software safe to use and will I have to worry about it corrupting registry files? Let's dig in to find out.

3_thumb.jpg

Yes, there is a link to the article. But here it is again if you'd like :)Uniblue Registry Booster 2 Review

Bah! You added that after I posted :P

EDIT: So, does anyone else use a software like this? I've tried a few over the years and I've found that they don't really improve performance, they just delete a lot of keys. :rolleyes: But maybe that's just my experiences.

Edited by Bleeble

Helpful review I suppose in a sense that it covers the product. One question though, does this thing offer any benefits over CCleaner (And other similar programs) which is freeware? I definitely see a performance increase with a clean registry, but I really doubt this would offer much better speeds over CCleaner, which is free.

Is this any better than a good manual cleaning?

You manually pick through your entire registry looking for keys that might be erroneous? Many of the folders/keys/values aren't plain-English, so how do you decide what stays and what goes? :rolleyes:

You manually pick through your entire registry looking for keys that might be erroneous? Many of the folders/keys/values aren't plain-English, so how do you decide what stays and what goes? :rolleyes:

My thoughts exactly <_>

My thoughts exactly <_<

So you too doubt my cleaning methods? I see... ( Yes, at times I don't know a certain key ) most of my cleaning is looking in task manager for processes and cleaning msconfig.