flaba

I am asking for some insight as how far can we get with 400

Edited by flaba

For now i need:

PSU

CPU

MB

RAM

I'll just help with the general decision-making process to save money and get the best parts for what you need it for.

PSU - Five main things to look for:

1. Total amps on the +12V rail. If you end up getting a R9 290X, you'll need a PSU that supplies at least 33 amps to the +12V rail. 
  2. Wattage and efficiency. The higher the wattage and efficiency (like 80 Plus Platinum), the higher the price. If you're not overclocking, and turn off your computer when you don't use it, you don't need a high wattage and efficient PSU. An easy way to save money here.
  3. Reliability and warranty. Pick a manufacturer that provides dependable warranty and/or one that sells reliable PSU's.
  4. Quality. This could mean a variety of things. If you're overclocking and skimping out on a cheap motherboard and a cheap PSU, that could create unstable overclocks, or at least less efficient overlocking than what you would have with a better motherboard and PSU.
  5. Quietness. If you're wanting a quiet system, some PSU's have loud fans. Something to look out for in case that's one of your main focuses.

CPU - Pretty easy decision. Intel or AMD, and you can't go wrong with either. It depends on the features that you're looking for. There's no real reason to overclock nowadays, but it's always a fun and easy way to get extra performance. At least 4 cores will last you a long while. Be careful not to get a 2 core CPU with 4 threads, not all applications will take advantage of it, and it won't perform the same as a 4 core CPU with 4 threads.

MB - Depends on features you may want, or for overclocking. You can get solid motherboards here in the US for $45, which is crazy. I'm not sure how it is where you live, though.

RAM - A shame that they're so costly now. I still have some systems that are solid with 4GB (2x2GB) memory that's used mainly for gaming. You can find these used for a good price. 2x4GB (8GB total) is now the norm, but is relatively expensive. It's better to fill out the rest of your DIMM's on the cheap with 4x2GB's, which will be fine for a couple years. I bought 2x8GB's at $45 once, now they're selling for 3 times that.

So what i have so far:

CPU - Intel Core i5 4670K (3.4GHz) Socket 1150.

Or

- Intel Core i5 4690 (3.5GHz) Socket 1150

PSU - XFX Pro 550W Core Edition

RAM - Crucial Ballistix Sport XT 4GB DDR3 1866MHz

MB - ??

Whats the best mb for each cpu? My total is arround 310

Edited by flaba

The XFX pro 550W is adequate for even a 280X. The 270X requires a 500W power supply and 24A on the 12V rail., but those numbers err on the safe side, where they take account of cheap power supplies.

I would be confident XFX 550W could power the 270x easily. The XFX 550 can deliver 34A on the 12V rail, as tested by JohnnyGURU , and can withstand a 550W load.

4 GB of ram nowaday is a bit low, as I have noticed with Windows 7 and later. The 4670K, while being an overclockable CPU, would take the most part of your budget.

As El_Capitan said, overclocking is not a necessity nowadays. If you get any Intel i5, you will be on track for a bunch of years without feeling outdated.

You can look at H97 motherboards if you don't feel the need to overclock or need Quicksync. The B85 chipset, this one I'm not too familiar with, so I don't know what was left out.

The Z97 chipset is the full featured one, as well as the priciest.

In the end, it all depends if you want to go lean on these components and try to start with some cash for a 270X, which seems to be your target GPU. It is a pretty good choice,

but I just wonder if your case is big enough to support it, since you haven't mentioned it.

The case is an aerocool t40.

I guess ill just go with a locked cpu.

So far:

PSU - XFX Pro 550W Core Edition

RAM - Crucial Ballistix Sport XT 8GB DDR3 1866MHz

( CPU - Intel Core i5 4590 (3.3GHz) Socket 1150

MB - Motherboard Asus H97-Plus

Or

CPU - Intel Core i5 4690 (3.5GHz) Socket 1150

MB - Motherboard ASRock H97 Pro4 )

Is the Motherboard ASRock H97 Pro4 good?

Edited by flaba

The case seems to have a huge side fans, so hardware cooling should not be a problem for you.

The 4590 is a good choice as well as there is not a bit difference with a 4690 for a little less price.

The AsRock H97 Pro4 has nothing special for it, the audio chip is a standard ALC892. At this price point, I would go with : GIGABYTE GA-H97-D3H LGA 1150 Intel H97 HDMI

Your site was down when I looked. The Asus you named is also a good one. The MSI G43 would also be a good alternative.