GTX 600s might release in April

Prunes

thats what Im more interested in as I doubt that the GTX680 is going to match the HD7970 on the overclocking front...

your right it doesn't match.

The GTX 680 is so far ahead in that dept AMD is trying to figure out how to count that high :woo:

:P

From this source: http://www.maximum-tech.net/gtx-680-hit-retail-ahead-of-launch-10953/

It looks like Nvidia might be taking advantage of it's performance and not being as cheap as Bosco might (or might not) indicate. Though it is always more expensive in Europe.

My guess is, it'll be around $550 in the US to force AMD to make their HD 7970 priced to $480 or less.

Here you go

gtx680.png

Looks like thats at stock, quite impressive - I thought the stock performance would be better than the stock 7970 performance, now to see overclocking results... 1536 shaders seems to me like a crap load more heat

How does that look like it's at stock? GPU-Z shows it as being overclocked to 1006MHz Core Clock.

Here's a comparison of my HD 7970 results (not even my best score):

post-70939-0-08392900-1331967419_thumb.png

Also note that on the screenshot with the GTX 680, it's using a 3960X (6 cores and 12 threads to my 4 cores and 8 threads) at 5.0GHz with quad channel memory at 2400MHz. The physics score definitely wins, but not the graphics score.