Need cooling fan(s) for XFX 7950

paulktreg

I need a replacement cooling for for a XFX R7900 Series graphics card.

Anybody know where I can get one from in the UK?

I couldn't find one on ebay but there are Sapphire branded fans that look very similar. Are these likely to be the same?

Nice, hopefully you hear something soon. If not, I imagine the Sapphire fans would work if you go the eBay route. Seems to be the case anyway, after a quick look at XFX 7950 fans on eBay and seeing Sapphire pop up. Just match the size and style and it should be good.

Response: Warranty has expired and XFX do not provide a repair service. The fan is not sold separately. Try ebay.   :(

I'll have to risk something from ebay or I may just strap on a suitable case fan and see how it runs.  :D

Paul, if you can remove the cooling assembly the fans should have an OEM part number on the sticker on the back of the fan.  I've had great luck ordering replacement fans for various graphics cards from a specific seller on eBay.  If you can provide the part number I'll check with him.

Regards,

Wev

Fan details:

Manufacturer = First D

P.N. FD9015U12S

DC 12V @ 0.55A

I've found some Sapphire ones on ebay with the same part number but the fan blades and wiring looms may be different?

If you can find any that are definately suitable for XFX that would be great.

Thanks for your help.

Holy crap they want a fortune for the pair (or even a single).

WFB didn't have any but I found others using the following search term on eBay;

xfx fan P.N. FD9015U12S

The listings will show both the 801, 802 and 901 series fans (so make sure you narrow it down to the P.N. FD9015U12S). 

Good luck!

Here is a sample to get you started  :)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/85mm-Fan-Sapphire-XFX-Vapor-X-HD7950-7970-R9-280X-Video-Card-FD9015U12S-From-US-/141557356441?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20f579d799

Since you need it in the UK I'd recommend sourcing from one of the Hong Kong vendors that has a great reseller rating.