News: AMD claims its ATI R600 is primed, ready to beat 8800's

sdy284

http://www.hardocp.com/news.html?news=MjQ0...CxobmV3cywsLDE=

300 wats per card! I guess those 1k watt PSUs can be justified.

that's based on ATI playing it safe. I've got one running on a meer 550w antec right now... C2D x6800... the whole 9 yards. runs FINE.

also I don't know what you guys are talking about with driver problems. I have ZERO problems with either Nvidia's or ATI's drivers.

also I don't know what you guys are talking about with driver problems. I have ZERO problems with either Nvidia's or ATI's drivers.

I have a problem with such and such driver. Lots of other people also have the problem. Most don't. Does this mean the problem doesn't exist? No.

I dont have a problem with such and such driver. Other people do. Just because I don't have the problem, does this mean the problem doesn't exist? No.

Somewhat unrelated (hardware and software aren't really the same thing), but still putting across the same point... I have an Antec 550W PSU. My caps, all Teapo, are still fine. Someone else has the same model Antec PSU, their caps, all Teapo, are buldging and leaking. Because mine are fine, does this mean that it's impossible for the other persons caps to have gone bad? Of course not.

But good for you :)

This might be released by the time I feel I want to upgrade, but I'm not sure it will actually fit in my case :) The X1800 was quite a squeeze to get in! I expect nVidia will put out another card as soon as it's released anyway probably, so maybe I will grab that and hope it's slightly smaller. We'll see :)

Edited by markiemrboo

Hmm, well perhaps what your doing is not triggering some of the issues that others are having. For example, my 7800gtx and all drivers used on it play guild wars just fine but running dual screen causes horrible performance looking at 1 frame every 10 seconds. However with my 8800gts, when playing guild wars under the same settings, my nvidia drivers and .net framework crash and that is both before and after a fresh format and to add to that using dual screens guild wars cannot operate yet using dual screens plays Dark Messiah perfectly.