FX-6300 vs 8350

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I meant clock for clock lol.

They both overclock almost to the same, but the 8350 seems to just have a little more kick if the overclocks match :)

I had a buddy that had a FX6300 that would do 4.9 stable but I couldn't get my first one over 4.2 my second chip won't go over 4.1, third one will do 4.5, so it depends on what you get for a bin. If you can get a good OC one your lucky and would give the 8350 a run however that's if you get a good one lol.

I meant clock for clock lol.

They both overclock almost to the same, but the 8350 seems to just have a little more kick if the overclocks match  :)

I had a buddy that had a FX6300 that would do 4.9 stable but I couldn't get my first one over 4.2 my second chip won't go over 4.1, third one will do 4.5, so it depends on what you get for a bin. If you can get a good OC one your lucky and would give the 8350 a run however that's if you get a good one lol.

I think I'd just prefer to OC to 4.5ghz since I probably wont see a major difference, are there some chips that are locked to factory settings?

I mean  not that many have anything past 4ghz :P

I already  have the GPU, but the Water coolers more important if I want to OC right? Or unless you could recommend a decent aftermarket air cooler that'll reach stable 4.5ghz?

Edited by kennethk

Just about any of the built in Water Coolers will do just fine. Just make sure you have a case with a decent amount of room so you are tripping over everything inside it :)