DOTA 2

WhenKittensATK

The trailer didn't go into details (maybe more will come later in the event), but from what it seemed, Blizzard DOTA's heroes would be characters from the three Blizzard franchises and the creeps would be units.

My point was, I don't know the names of DOTA characters. I know the names of all Starcraft and Diablo characters, and a few Warcraft characters.

Found the video, it was actually published yesterday:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zx1JDEnrVK8

Unveiled Heroes:

Witch Doctor

Nova

Thrall

Arthas

Queen of Blades

Muradin

Za'Gara

Stitches

Zeratul

Sylvanas

You can add Illidan to that list, he wasn't ready for the build but they have confirmed him.

From what I am watching during Blizzcon, I am actually welcoming this version of DOTA. To me in the past DOTA games have always been more complicated than they really needed to be. Blizzard is streamlining a lot of the game play to give it a bigger focus on TEAM PLAY! Which is something I have been saying that lacks in these type of games for a while now.

Also from what they have been saying is that the matches will be shorter, which I think is amazing. Personally I would rather play more matches than less..

Also, forgot to mention this: http://www.overclockersclub.com/news/29769/

PCG lists some different heroes than the video, so it could just be that the list isn't finalized yet. The selection screen shown definitely only has 12, but that could just be because others weren't ready to be shown.

They mentioned at blizzcon that they currently have 16 hero's on the company's internal build.

It seems they are doing things quite a bit different from the standard DOTA setup.

Free Blizzard DOTA with a Free Starcraft 2 Starter Edition (Free unlimited time access to a portion of SC2)

•  
  • Towers are weaker (have limited ammo, when they run out they have to recharge)
  • Last-hitting less important (creeps drop health/mana orbs instead)
  • Riding mounts are in the game
  • Jungles are filled with camps that you can capture to win over powerful monsters to add to your creep wave (Orges and etc; also gain Soul Tokens to use to summon yetis)
  • Boss monster (Stone Zealot), when defeated will join your team
  • Experience is shared to all players who participate in the kill of another champion ("Kills" is being renamed "Takedowns", so kill stealing has no effects)
  • Blizzard DOTA matches are meant to have a shorter length than most traditional DOTA matches

http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/10/22/blizzard-dota-detailed-mounts-added-towers-weakened-last-hits-revamped/

==========

I guess we could make a Blizzard DOTA thread, if this game is actually a hit with non-SC2 players.

• 2 weeks later...

DOTA 2 team sent out an email today asking people to fill out a short survey on your experience with DOTA. There was no option to say you've never played DOTA haha. I just filled it out based on my experiences in League of Legends. Probably would have gotten a better chance if I put everything to zero.

http://blog.dota2.com/2011/10/the-sleeping-dragon-wakes/

Edited by Krazyxazn

DOTA 2 team sent out an email today asking people to fill out a short survey on your experience with DOTA. There was no option to say you've never played DOTA haha. I just filled it out based on my experiences in League of Legends. Probably would have gotten a better chance if I put everything to zero.

http://blog.dota2.com/2011/10/the-sleeping-dragon-wakes/

Got one too and also have not played DOTA. Play Warcraft 3 plenty, but never DOTA. For DOTA specific things, I just put in values that seemed fair for my skill level in LoL. If it wasn't DOTA specific, I'd just put in the LoL value.

Anyway, yeah, it is odd they would not have anyway to say we play a different game primarily. Good luck Krazy!

• 2 weeks later...

I got invited to DOTA 2 closed beta. They gave me 2 extra gift-able codes. I'll probably raffle them off later on my YT account (hidden agenda :ph34r: )

You couldn't just give your bestest bud Locutus one? :teehee:

Friend gifted me a copy of the DotA 2 beta, don't really like it much.

Gonna see in the morning if I can fix some of the things I don't like about it (mostly the differences between it and League) if not then goodbye forever Valve. </3

I just got invited into the beta today and these are some of my first impressions of dota 2

I've played the original dota maybe 3 times max, but I've been playing Heroes of Newerth for about a year in some change and I've tried league of legends a couple times but wasnt a fan (Seems to cartoonish? and half the time had no clue what i was doing but still managed to stay positive.)

Overall i think dota 2 is pretty solid, if you were to compare hHoN vs dota2 i say HoN is alot more noob friendly everything pretty much laid out for you; if you were new you could jump right in and what take long to get accustomed to the game. The graphics and animations are pretty awesome in dota 2 , your field of view seems pretty cramped and its easy to lose your sense of direction in a team fight.

Edited by SeV.o3 TwiZZler