Convincing someone to not buy Alien Ware.

TCcomputers29

Alienware V Custom  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Which one is better?

• Alienware (dell)
    • Custom (specs in post)

Wouldn't say beats are a complete rip off but I also wouldn't say they where well priced or really high quality.

There is much better stuff out there.

6978763445_21f1fb2279.jpg

people are paying $500 for a headset? i know it has great bass. but anyway.

people are paying $500 for a headset? i know it has great bass. but anyway.

There $500 headsets are a joke when stacked against the competition in the same bracket back down at the $100 end they aren't so bad but you can get better headsets with better base. For great base, soundstage and a rock solid response at a sub $100 price (provided your all cool with in ear buds) the sennhiser cx 300-II (which I have owned for many years onto my second set after destroying a pair at work) and the klipsch image s4 (which I got recently to try) have near everything beat imo. I prefer in ear to cans any day but to be honest that may be ingrained by working 40hour plus weeks with my cx 300-IIs in most of the day.

Toward $200 and up anything other than cans is way overpriced and with cans you really need to try them on and the base is almost always lacking to my tastes which ment I usually liked my cx 300-IIs over my 480s most of the time due to my musical taste. However when listening to acoustic or some of my folk or operatic metal bands the high end frequency clarity of my 480s were king.

This is my experience and of all the beats headsets I have tried I am yet to find a pair I like at a price I like but they arent exactly crap.

There $500 headsets are a joke when stacked against the competition in the same bracket back down at the $100 end they aren't so bad but you can get better headsets with better base. For great base, soundstage and a rock solid response at a sub $100 price (provided your all cool with in ear buds) the sennhiser cx 300-II (which I have owned for many years onto my second set after destroying a pair at work) and the klipsch image s4 (which I got recently to try) have near everything beat imo. I prefer in ear to cans any day but to be honest that may be ingrained by working 40hour plus weeks with my cx 300-IIs in most of the day.

Toward $200 and up anything other than cans is way overpriced and with cans you really need to try them on and the base is almost always lacking to my tastes which ment I usually liked my cx 300-IIs over my 480s most of the time due to my musical taste. However when listening to acoustic or some of my folk or operatic metal bands the high end frequency clarity of my 480s were king.

This is my experience and of all the beats headsets I have tried I am yet to find a pair I like at a price I like but they arent exactly crap.

my friend has a sennhiser headset which i think you can remove the ear pieces, good sound. well i have plantronics 367...i think. well they a really good for gaming and songs, i can literally hear everything that you are meant to hear in a game eg. footsteps, and songs, i had to adjust the bass to get it going :biggrin: really good headset for $40

PS. can anyone tell me why BEATS are a complete rip off.

They are totally not worth it...

Me and my friend did a comparison with my Bose IE2 and his wired pair and wireless pair of BEATS over ear headphones..

I won on clarity, bass clarity, bass drive, audio quality...etc.

his just won styling...cause they do look pretty sleek...

so I would recommend you a pair of Bose IE2s :thumbsup:

Me and my friend did a comparison with my Bose IE2 and his wired pair and wireless pair of BEATS over ear headphones..

beats are good looking but are they comfy, on friday my friend told me he wanted to buy beats instead of the comp, and i was like *rolling eyes*

beats are good looking but are they comfy, on friday my friend told me he wanted to buy beats instead of the comp, and i was like *rolling eyes*

If this is the same friend that wants alienware let him know I have a gtx 560 I could sell him for $300. It nVidia and an Asus card which means it will be amazing.

Oh and the memory......... Haha oveclocks great to go with the stacks of ram he must have

:pfp:

If this is the same friend that wants alienware let him know I have a gtx 560 I could sell him for $300. It nVidia and an Asus card which means it will be amazing.

Oh and the memory......... Haha oveclocks great to go with the stacks of ram he must have

:pfp:

lol. well the whole point of the thread is dedicated to convince him to spend the money on the custom not beats or alienware!!!!!! :D

it was the same friend teehee

lol. well the whole point of the thread is dedicated to convince him to spend the money on the custom not beats or alienware!!!!!! :D

it was the same friend teehee

Oh god on a more serious note tho I do seriously want to sell the card (obviously not at $300) hell I may even consider selling both so he can have a seriously cool (cool and quiet running that is) sli set up both cards are at the I dont know 7 or 8 month birthday now and due to work and school have seen light use let me know what he thinks.

I dont need sli 560s to run hyperspin in a mame cab with a possible second touch screen for a jukebox.

Bose really aren't much better than Beats.

Bose really aren't much better than Beats.

are you saying that from first hand experience? probably not...or a BEATS owner :lol:

when I used BEATS, they sounded a bit distorted, a bit muffled....talking from a musician's perspective...

but Bose sounded clear, brilliant range, and great bass...

and don't forget that they cost a fraction of the price

and comfort...they are both comfortable...before, I used to hate in-ear headphones, because I had tried all my friends (cheap) in-ear headphones. And they would hurt my ears, then after 5mins I would have to take them out. but the IE2s are probably the most comfortable headphones I ever used...the BEATS likewise are very comfortable..but the price and the performace are the reasons I won't get a pair...

Edited by Il_napoletano

First if you have a choice I always suggest people do a custom DIY build. You get more say in what you get and get the experience of the hands on approach with the PC.

As for the build you selected, based on the information we have I would tweak it a little. Drop the processor to a 2500K if you are planning a heavy overclock. Since you do not list a 3rd party cooler I would say that is not your plan so go down to a i5 2400. At stock speeds you will get nearly identical performance and you can boost every one of them I have seen to 3.9 Ghz with no tweaking.

As for the video I would get the 7850 instead, you actually get a little better performance and raw less power, pricing on Newegg shows you even save a little money.