Hilarious parody songs in Australian

Prunes

Call me maybe:

Gangnam style:

And there's more on their channel. They especially like to make parodies of One Direction songs.

Once again, do you really talk like that?

Edited by Ecofriendly

Links are borked on mobile but I can say more than confidently that we don't sound so ridiculous. I hate the way we have been made out to sound and talk.

True we are more liberal when it comes to swearing and we talk with strangers like they're mates but we don't sound retarded. Hell if you want to hear my voice it's on YouTube haha

It was not meant in any demeaning way. I was more amazed at the amount of words differentiating from American and English :) There is a discussion on youtube under one of the vids about what "cracker" means. So what does it mean? Some say a white person, others a good looking girl.

Can any aussies confirm that you talk like that all the time? Or is it exaggerated? :)
do you mean the accents or the actual terminology? the tall balding one otherwise known as FITZY! is one of the more extremes almost equivalent to someone from the deep south in the USA. most of us dont use 90% of these terms in everyday conversation

It was not meant in any demeaning way. I was more amazed at the amount of words differentiating from American and English :) There is a discussion on youtube under one of the vids about what "cracker" means. So what does it mean? Some say a white person, others a good looking girl.

it definitely doesn't have a racial connotation like it does overeas. as far as im concerned it does mean stunning good looking.

for anyone wondering centrelink is our equivalent of welfare or social security. its just the name of the government body here.

Any other cultural differences / references anyone else wants cleared up :)

I say it means food haha what its got to do with people you put cheese on a cracker and eat it.

:lol:

Edited by bilcliff

• 2 weeks later...

do you mean the accents or the actual terminology? the tall balding one otherwise known as FITZY! is one of the more extremes almost equivalent to someone from the deep south in the USA. most of us dont use 90% of these terms in everyday conversation

FiTZY works in the media industry and is heavily involved in the AFL coverage. he does have a very Australian accent but gets payed to do practical jokes of this sort, and over exaggerated the accent . their are people that talk like that but don't expect everyone in Australia to talk like that. Australia does have the highest immigration rate in the world after all.

Most of you would think it sounds strange because you haven't heard it much before. To us (Australians) a American accent sounds normal because we hear it every day in songs, games, TV shows and movies.