Update on Stonerboy's Main Rig

Stonerboy779

Over the last few months I have had several upgreads that have resulted in me having a rather nice min rig. Its been ages since I have posted anything about it so I figured it was time.

At the current time the rig is mainly a HTPC and gets shit loads of use when my girlfriend is round and we are just chillin in my bed. But also use it to play controller games namely racing games but will be firing up Witcher 2 and Skyrim soon to see all the eye candy on a 21:9 29" monitor powered by a GTX690.

CPU - Intel Core i3-2100 - haha yeah its a little outta place

Mobo - Asus P8Z77i Deluxe mITX Mono - words can't describe how awesome this little thing is

RAM - 16GB Corsair Vengance Low Profile 1600MHz

SSD - 128GB OCZ Vertex 4

HDD - 3TB Seagate

GPU - Nvidia GTX690 - Love this thing, it has so much power and runs so cool

CPU Cooler - Noctua UH9B - fits with negative 1mm in my case, it technically peptides slightly into the top 140mm Noctua exhaust fan

Case - Silverstone SUG08 - or something or rather I'all check later, greatest case i have ever used. Everything fits just perfectly with no wasted space and the 600watt SFX PSU it comes with is just right for my rig

Monitor (Primary) - Dell UltraSharp U2913WM 29" 21:9 - love it love it love it. Factory calibrated to well, well within the guidelines. It is just awesome for movies (its main use as my main rig still functions as a HTPC at the end of my bed most of the time.) And racing games are such fun too.

Monitor (Secondary) - Acer 24" 1920x1080

Mouse - Razer Mamba 4G

Keyboard - Rokat something or rather, its a condenced keyboard and kinda temporary.

Game pad - Xbox 360 controller

Remote - Hauppuage Media Center Remote - the best media center remote I have ever seen or used.

Audio - Optical to my Audioengine D1 Dac which then feeds my Technical mini stack via RCA.

Speakers - Warfdale Diamond III Bookshelf Speakers on Speaker Spikes to isolate them from my shelf. Nicest sounding bookshelves I have ever had the pleasure to hear and own.

From here there are only two real things on the agenda. Slot loading slim DVD drive (possibly a bluray drive but god they're expensive) and 2x 512GB SSDs most likely Samsung 840 Pros.

Nice rig, pricey GPU!

Got it from WARDOZERX so hundreds cheaper than here in aus ended up being only margainly more than a 4GB GTX 680 here.

Aka there is a difference between bluray internal and slot loading slim internal bluray. The second costs easily double. I found a tray load slim bluray drive but would kinda rather a slot loading one, ideally the entirely black Silver stone one without any logos printed on it. However its ~$180

...and you think I took a long time :whistling::haha:

Nice rig coming together :thumbsup:

Haha well only just got the monitor and.the case is only about a month old sooo not so bad i guess :)

Thanks man, will probably be swapping the 2100 for the 2500k at some point when I can be bothered dismantling rigs