GTX480 in a laptop

Obviously, they just keep the name. It's not going to be the same GPU at all. My guess is it will be closer to a GTX280 (240 shaders) but in 40nm, and Fermi of course.

yea like the "M" at the end doesnt mean anything. Ha ha ha. we forgot to bring up the Micro nuclear reactor batteries needed to power it. What about the other purposes of this genius laptop that is gonna make every collage kid or parent want one like: the fact you can light camp fires, fireplaces, or cigarettes up just set it near, if you want a flame and run some tessellation while leaving the fans on auto. The fact that all the collage girls can now cancel their tanning appointments because this new innovation laptop can tan multiple girls in one room. The anti theft feature that can set criminals to flame; when reported stolen it can crank up heaven tessellation benchmark while shutting off the GPU fan.....not only does the theif get burn up whatever vehicle he is in burst into flame too so it can be used for car theft too. Although they havent stepped in yet the USA government is considering a ban of this product because if terrorist got a hold of one they could make a weapon of mass destruction with a simple driver tweak. Ha ha ha

Really all this gtx480 power/heat stuff is getting so lame and old. The same ole junk over and over. Seems ppl really dont put anytime in things these days just regurgitate the same ole stink over and over.... lets spice it up some

So ha, there is my contribution. Lets throw sum poo and make it taste good

If this laptop falls into the wrong hands it could lead to the end of the world!

Evil plan: Steal this laptop and take it to the polar ice caps. Buy a very long extension cord, plug in, run crysis for a week and bam. Flood the world.

B:)

If this laptop falls into the wrong hands it could lead to the end of the world!

Evil plan: Steal this laptop and take it to the polar ice caps. Buy a very long extension cord, plug in, run crysis for a week and bam. Flood the world.

B:)

highest temp i've seen on mine so far is 84c at stock fannage in metro 2033 dx11...i think that translates to like 180f+...it goes down to like 64-65c at 100% fan...

so maybe if you took 2 of 'em to the icecap your evil plan would work...muuahahaha..