Reccomended CPU cooler

hey there ,

i wanted some suggestions on what cooler to buy for my chip..,,, i want to overclock it to 4.0 ghz min 

specs are

Processor-Amd FX4100

Motherboard-Asus M5a-78m LX

Ram- G Skill Ripjaws x 1600mhz

GPU-Asus HD7850 direct cu 2

CPU cooling-Stock

PSU-Corsair VS 650 watt

thanks in advance

it cools like a cheaper watercooler

Now exactly. It's way too much inferior than good closed loop water coolers having at least 120mm rad.

But only advantage being it is a greatly valued product..

What's your budget and how long you plan on keeping the build before upgrading? I usually spend extra $ for a component that will carry to a new build eventually.

I have a Corsair H60 and paired witha silent Enermax fan I'm very happy with it! 

Now exactly. It's way too much inferior than good closed loop water coolers having at least 120mm rad.

there is the problem of your logic ;P

like i said a CHEAP watercooler

the hyper 212 shaved 25c off my cpu and a lower quality watercooler would shave 22c of my cpu, i base my opinion on that.

Edited by WarWeeny
  • Like 1

With zero maintenance ;)

Just to throw in another product, I personally use a Cool IT ECO ALC which is a liquid cooling solution. I don't use any over clocking but my CPU remains cool despite any gaming or other hardware intensive tasks that I throw at it. I give it a 4/5 stars just because it isn't a revolutionary product that makes my CPU temps ice cold like some really high end professional solutions. And at the same time, it didn't break the bank to use it. ;)