RIP Verran

grounded87

Just come back after a long time away from OCC and I'm gutted to hear about this. Verran was one of the few people I remember from here as being a real expert.

Sad to see you go Verran. It's just not fair :(

• 2 weeks later...

Ya he is still very much missed around here.

Though I'm not a super heavy poster, I've been around these boards for many years, and Verran was one of the names I knew best and came to admire and respect. It has been said that success in life is not measured by its length, but by its depth and quality. If this is the case, then surely Verran lived a successful one.

My thoughts and prayers to his family and friends.

Best,

Capo

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I've been away a long time.

RIP Verran / Ryan, you passed away far too soon and left behind many who knew of you only through a computer screen, able to see you only for the amazing genius you were, and not the illness that you refused to let define you.

• 3 months later...

One year on Verran, your absence is still felt here. May you Rest In Peace.

It hardly seems like its been a year. There is one thing that can be said for OCC; there is a family here, there is

true, heartfelt love, and kinship in the digital air created here. Ryan is the embodiment of that kinship.

We miss you sir! Be well, be safe.

Yep, it's been a year. I've managed to figure out most of his home network stuff, and keep doing things his way, to the best of my ability. He always did everything his own unique way. In some ways it seems just like yesterday and in other ways its just been way too long, I miss him every day. I've managed to keep busy this weekend, so I don't dwell on this too much. Thanks to the OCC community, it's always nice to hear from you, and remember all of the great things that Ryan did for people and how he touched your lives.