Can't get a stable connection?

So I have 2 routers. One is a linksys and the other is a netgear. They are both running DD-DWRT. The linksys is running as a repeater for the other half of the house. My questions are, is there something wrong with my connection according to this chart? My phone was connected to the repeater and was downloading an album off of the google play store. I was thinking that I would get a more stable download than this. I'd also like to see what you guys would recommend to do to tweak the 2 routers to run more efficiently and get a stronger signal. With only 20 mb/s of internet shared between everyone watching netflix and youtube, it can get rather bogged down. 

Here's the screenshot. This is from the netgear router (the main router).

post-72478-0-88148200-1368908508_thumb.png

Well I dug high and low for the settings in DD-DWRT on both routers and couldn't find it. I'm thinking about getting just one really nice router. I did raise the TX power to 71 db a while back though. Think that would have any effect?

The spikes are traversing both the wan and lan interfaces pretty much simultaneously. Normally I see this sort of thing when the ISP has so called "burst mode" enabled for the client and they are downloading a large file. Personally I would run a packet capture and see what is going on at the time stamps of the spikes.

Where at in my post did I say the use of a repeater had anything to do with the bandwidth spikes????  

Ah, sorry for that. I misunderstood your post at the first place.

No worries.  I shouldn't have derailed the thread by mentioning the bandwidth penalty of using a repeater.  Really that was irrelevant to the OPs original question/problem.  My bad.

• 1 month later...