GPU acceleration

SpeedCrazy

Hi Guys

Haven't posted anything new for a while. Anyway, i am hoping to get Adobe CS5 Production Premium or Photoshop CS5 Extended(educational prices rock! :thumbsup: the suite 449 just photoshop 200, i cant let tht deal pass me buy 2 programs for 200 each or 11 for 449, what can i say but Yeahaaaaaaaaaw, here i come) but in the computer requirements it says

Adobe-certified GPU card for GPU-accelerated performance in Adobe Premiere Pro; visit the Adobe Premiere Pro system requirements page for the latest list of supported cards
What does that mean, unfortunately the first 400 series card is the 470.... and i cant afford that on top of my software and other purchases, and deffinetly not a quadro as much as i would like it(if i could afford a quadro id get a SSD and some more RAM). Does this mean it wont work? or just that it will work better?

Edited by SpeedCrazy

@ El_Capitan if you are recommending i get CS4 instead, i cant. CS5 Production Premium Educational price is much cheaper than CS4 Production Premium.

Also it will last me longer than buying already updated software,plus i like working in 64-bit.

@ El_Capitan if you are recommending i get CS4 instead, i cant. CS5 Production Premium Educational price is much cheaper than CS4 Production Premium.

Also it will last me longer than buying already updated software,plus i like working in 64-bit.

That came out of left field. No, the article link is an Adobe Premiere Pro CS5 Review. Here's some snippets:

They also added greater GPU acceleration to it, allowing Photoshop to scale and alter images in the UI on the graphics card, dependent largely on the amount of video memory available.
Adobe also likes to cite their Mercury Playback Engine, which is supposed to offer enhanced GPU acceleration even over CS4, and brings some CUDA-accelerated features for owners of workstation-class and high-end Nvidia video cards. Adobe and Nvidia are both a little bit cagey on their secret sauce and unfortunately all the video hardware in my household is ATI, so it's hard to see any real differences.

That last quote... how can the reviewer experience any GPU acceleration differences if all he has is ATI video cards?