Cubitek Magic Cube 8HDD Modular Computer Chassis Reviewed

Nemo

You've heard of modular power supplies where you get to use only the cables you need for your particular build. But what about a modular computer chassis? Unlike the Thermaltake Level 10 where each module was still unified in a single structure, the case we're looking at today consists of three distinct cubes to house the separate components. Kick back and join OCC reviewer Compxpert as he takes us on a tour of the Cubitek Magic Cube 8HDD - http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/cubitek_magic_cube_8hdd/

I'm shocked that it didn't come with a single cable to handle SATA connections and power. I mean...who the heck wants that many cables running behind such a clean case? :blink:

I'm shocked that it didn't come with a single cable to handle SATA data connections. I mean...who the heck wants that many cables running behind such a clean case? :blink:

Fixed. It does come with SATA power cables more than enough to hook up everything even 8 hard disks. What it does not come with are any data cables so it requires you to buy them. Not really sure I liked the fact that the cables run outside the case to other compartments either however the modular design definitely works. I much preferred the way the ThermalTake Level 10 did it since it contained the individual units into the entire chassis rather than 3 separate chassis.

Fixed. It does come with SATA power cables more than enough to hook up everything even 8 hard disks. What it does not come with are any data cables so it requires you to buy them. Not really sure I liked the fact that the cables run outside the case to other compartments either however the modular design definitely works. I much preferred the way the ThermalTake Level 10 did it since it contained the individual units into the entire chassis rather than 3 separate chassis.

Even with that I'm surprised.

I was expecting it to come with a single big cable that carried power and data...

The pictures confused me. I think you should take on one a normal background like your room. Not on white. I don't know what is what.

Really? I've been taking pictures on a white background for awhile now and your the first to say something about it.

Even with that I'm surprised.

I was expecting it to come with a single big cable that carried power and data...

Would have made a lot of sense and yet it didn't. The case seems like a great idea but there appears to have been a lot of overhead in its total design process. Its like someone said lets make a modular case with 3 seperate compartments. Oh cool that looks nice. Oh wait how are we gonna get power and data to the hard drives and optical drive(s)?