GAMES WILL NOT LOAD

Busterbvi

Greetings to the Forum.  Desperately need help with this one.  Basicaly all my Games have suddenly decided to refuse to load, When I click on the icon the first screen appears for a few seconds and then crashes, I have Soluto installed and the little Angel pops up and confirms it.  It all started with FSX refusing to load and then I noticed others doing the same thing, Dirt 3, F1-2011, Medal of Honour, MS Simulator 2004, Moto GP, Free Falcon.  The only ones that will load and run OK are Battle of Britain - Cliffs of Dover and DCS World, All games are on one HD so that was my first suspect but all HD checks confirm its healthy.  All my normall PC apps are working fine.  I have spent weeks trying to fix this including re-instaling all the games and a complete non destructive reinstall of windows 7.  The system is clean and fully up to date including all drivers. All BIOS settings are OK. I even put some games on another HD but the same problem remains !!?

Any ideas or assistance would be most welcome !

Thanks, Buster.

Edited by Busterbvi

No error messages, just get the opening screen for a few seconds then crashes.  Direct X and Microsoft .NET Framework is up to date (V4)  GPU drivers also up to date.

Buster.

I was having an issue similar to that once on a buggy Windows 7 install. Whenever I would update it to SP1, any games wouldn't load. I'd get the generic " has stopped working" and that was that. Eventually I ended up reformatting the drive clean, did a bunch of updates, got SP1 on, and no issues.

Maybe you could try getting a copy of W7 with SP1 already installed and see if that'll work?

No error messages, just get the opening screen for a few seconds then crashes.  Direct X and Microsoft .NET Framework is up to date (V4)  GPU drivers also up to date.

Buster.

Edited by Busterbvi

Problem solved, I had a bad  dll, if I paid better attention to Event Viewer and used it properly and read the crash reports it would have saved me a load of hassle !!

It was something like esrv.dll that was causing access violations, I could not delete it so I renamed it to stop it working and bingo - job done, all games loading and running fine.

happy days.

Thanks for your input though chaps.

Buster.