What do you prefer? Kindle or physical book

damian

I've been thinking about getting a kindle but something is telling me to stick to physical books.

Am I just being biased?

I'd love some input from Kindle users and they're experience with it.

Kindle, I used to be a big reader of books but with work and family life I didn't tend to read much.  My wife has the Fire HD, original Kindle and I've got the Nexus7.  I find it great being able to sync books between all three devices so that I can read were I left off wherever I am.

I own a kindle paperwhite, it's only good for reading, don't expect it to do anything else. Physical books are nice, but I can read with my kindle at night, and sometimes you just can't find the book you want in the library. Occasionally Amazon charges more for ebooks than paperbacks, its very stupid. 

Amazon usually has a DRM on the books you buy, So install a de-drm plugin on calibre.

But for the popular books you can usually torrent them or find them in your local library.

Edited by Tervalentfrog

I've used kindle and hard copies.

Choice and preference varies from person to person. I prefer hard copy of a book as the main reference book of any subject. Secondary books could be eBook or hard-copy.

Ive been thinking of doing the electronic book thing but been waiting for the Ultimate device and for Ebook pricing to drop.  Its hardly worth it to invest in all that hardware then pay the same price for the reading material and they don't have to produce it on pulp and print or ship it anywhere to a retailer or nuthin.  Its a shame the way they gouge us. It makes me Angry.

Edited by Kwok

I find it easier to read physical books, but having a library of books on one device is also nice. (Owned Kindle Fire 1st Gen and Nexus 7). I use my tablet to play apps and browse the internet more than as an eReader. Very little incentive to buy an eBook over Physical Copy, since they are usually near the same prices. Publishers and schools try to push eReaders and eTextbooks onto students but the prices are still $100+ for either medium. Doesn't really help much. eBooks also have no resale value  :yucky:

Physical copies if you like to stare at wall of books. Tablet if you want to save storage space.

Edited by AZNguyen

I prefer physical books - you can get them free from the library, borrow from or lend a friend easily.

But eReaders/tablets do have their advantages - mainly being able to easily bring several "books" with you where ever you go. As such, I would say that they're mostly for people who travel a lot. I mean, if you take week-long business trips and like to read, it's a lot easier bringing an eReader/tablet loaded with a few books than carrying around several physical ones.