OCC Review: Abit IP35 Pro Socket 775 Motherboard

OCC Review: Abit IP35 Pro Socket 775 Motherboard

Are you ready to take a "Ride on the Wild Side"? Thats what Abit would like you to do with this board. Abit has created a trilogy of P35 chipset motherboards with this model, The IP35 Pro being the enthusiast level board. Since this motherboard is at the top of the food chain, performance is expected to eclipse the other two in the trilogy(IP35-E, IP35). This motherboard boasts many features, such as support for the latest 1333 FSB and quad core processors, HDMI ready sound, 100% Japanese solid state capacitors, Silent OTES cooling technology and 7.1 Realtek sound. With such an abundant set of features and the touted performance of Intel's P35 chipset, this should be one wild ride indeed.

18_thumb.jpg

Edited by neddamttocs

Guest ecthlipsis

In my opinion, one of the better reviews here on OCC. G/J Frank =)

Cool board, too. Lots of features for just a bit more cash than some other boards.

Very nice review. I always enjoy reading reviews at OCC. I was a bit suprised to see "Unable to run SLI" listed as a con. Since SLI is not an officially supported feature of the P35 chipset or the Abit IP35 motherboard it is not a valid criticism, but rather more of a wish list item. Otherwise two thumbs up for another terrific review.