Blue Backlit Keyboard

dling

If you're looking for good quality and a decent price the K90 is hard to beat. Past that you're looking at a Ducky, a Deck, or perhaps a CM Storm Quickfire TK (as long as you can deal with not having a numpad).

That looks preaty good. You say you have one of these and it's brightly lit correct ?

Yeah i've had it I think almost a year now. The lowest brightness setting is plenty bright so thats all I use. It doesn't have any fancy gamer gimmicks or anything so if you want 20 macro keys and an LCD screen then you won't find it here. But if you just want a solid well built keyboard the Ducky Shines are awesome.

The leds do have a few different modes. The first only lights up the WASD keys. The second lights up the rest of the keys /minus the num pad

. The third lights up all the keys. The fourth lights them all up as well but they pulsate/slowly fade in and out (ok so it has one "gimmicky" feature but thats it lol). And the brightness has like 5 settings...and just imagine how bright the 5th setting is when I only use the 1st. It's probably the brightest keyboard you can get.

One of the only flaws I've found is that after a reboot it resets the led mode and turns off the leds. Which isn't a big deal really. I just have to press FN + F8 three times and it's back to where I like it. Also when you shutdown the computer the LEDs stay lit. So for that I just press FN + F8 a couple times to turn them off. Neither of these were a big deal to me so I went ahead and bought it. It was funny reading some of the complaints people were making "OMG I HAVE TO MAKE MULTIPLE TWO-HANDED KEY PRESSES EVERTIM YOU REBOOT!!1". Like really? I can do it with my thumb and pointer finger. Must have been a midgit or something that wrote that.:lol:

Logitech???? :whistling:

The G series keyboard are about the same price range.

I think all their blue backlit ones aren't mechanical though? I only know of one mechanical keyboard in their G series and I don't think it's backlit. I could be wrong though, I don't pay much attention to their keyboards aside from wireless ones.

Yeah i've had it I think almost a year now. The lowest brightness setting is plenty bright so thats all I use. It doesn't have any fancy gamer gimmicks or anything so if you want 20 macro keys and an LCD screen then you won't find it here. But if you just want a solid well built keyboard the Ducky Shines are awesome.

The leds do have a few different modes. The first only lights up the WASD keys. The second lights up the rest of the keys /minus the num pad

. The third lights up all the keys. The fourth lights them all up as well but they pulsate/slowly fade in and out (ok so it has one "gimmicky" feature but thats it lol). And the brightness has like 5 settings...and just imagine how bright the 5th setting is when I only use the 1st. It's probably the brightest keyboard you can get.

One of the only flaws I've found is that after a reboot it resets the led mode and turns off the leds. Which isn't a big deal really. I just have to press FN + F8 three times and it's back to where I like it. Also when you shutdown the computer the LEDs stay lit. So for that I just press FN + F8 a couple times to turn them off. Neither of these were a big deal to me so I went ahead and bought it. It was funny reading some of the complaints people were making "OMG I HAVE TO MAKE MULTIPLE TWO-HANDED KEY PRESSES EVERTIM YOU REBOOT!!1". Like really? I can do it with my thumb and pointer finger. Must have been a midgit or something that wrote that.:lol:

I just pulled the triger on the ducky KB you recommend. I've been so busy lately,first day off work since the Friday after Thanksgiving . I hope it's as good as you say ;) Tigerdirect was sold out but I was able to get it from Mechanicalkeyboards.com for about the same price.

I should get it next week.If my son spills his drink into my KB and kills this one :mfp::pfp: he will own it and pay for a new one :rtfm:

I got the ducky Yesterday.Man It's a heavy little KB. As Coors as pointed out the lighting is very bright. I think I'm going to be very

happy with this keyboard.Thanks for the suggestion ;)

No problem. And I think most mechanical keyboards are a bit on the heavy side. Heavier than regular ones anyways. On the plus side if someone busts through my door and the slim chance that both of my handguns jam I can always go leeroy jenkins with my keyboard lol.

• Like 1

I just got my Max Keyboard Nighthawk X8 (Cherry MX Brown) Backlit Mechanical Keyboard yesterday. That and my Tesoro Durandal Ultimate G1NL LED Backlit Mechanical Gaming Keyboard - Cherry MX Brown are so far my favorite keyboards. They seem pretty much identical, and I like the design layout the most (though I know Computer Ed wouldn't agree :) ). They were both just under $100, too.

I do agree about the KB being a weapon. I think you could easily knock someone out with it.

El Capt. I just look at you choice of boards,very nice . I do like the usb and audio jacks on the KB. I can't believe that I paid over a hundred bucks for a KB :O If someone ask me just a year ago would you pay

that much for a keyboard I would have told them OH HELL NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for all the suggestions and help ;)

No problem. And I think most mechanical keyboards are a bit on the heavy side. Heavier than regular ones anyways. On the plus side if someone busts through my door and the slim chance that both of my handguns jam I can always go leeroy jenkins with my keyboard lol.

I do agree about the KB being a weapon. I think you could easily knock someone out with it.

El Capt. I just look at you choice of boards,very nice . I do like the usb and audio jacks on the KB. I can't believe that I paid over a hundred bucks for a KB :O If someone ask me just a year ago would you pay

that much for a keyboard I would have told them OH HELL NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for all the suggestions and help ;)