My base settings - Need advice

Danzer

The attached thumbnail is my base settings for my rig. My case is a Fractal Design Node 304 and inside I have a 4770k, Asus Maximus VI Impact, Corsair H80i with one single noctua NH-U12P in push configuration, I've also replaced the 2 92mm fans with 2 noctua NH-U9B fans, and have a gtx 660. My current bios settings is for the least amount of power consumption and less vcore for cpu. Looking at the current readings, I don't think they're that impressive. Before overclocking the cpu, I want to bring the temps down as much as possible, but keeping the same core speed. From the small form factor of my rig, there's not that much I can do about air flow - 2 fans bring air in, and 1 fan pushes it through the radiator and out the other end. I also don't want to spend anymore money than I already have. The fans were on sale so I got them, but I don't think adding another noctua fan for the push/pull config would drastically reduce the temps. Please advice on what I can do to help bring down the core temps. FYI, my rig is sitting on the top of my desk and right now it's about 69f in the room.

Thanks!

post-70255-0-72449500-1391384242_thumb.jpg

With a 4770K especially you have to limit voltage to limit the thermals. I have one chip that does 4.7 with 1.27v and still bumps up against 96C under load and another that runs at 4.45 no matter how much voltage I feed it but again around 1.275v hits the upper 90's. Any higher and it throttles with a good full water setup. Get what you can within the thermals your hardware will deliver. The Impact is a great little board with enough options to tinker with to limit the thermals.  

What kind of load are you running for those temps, if thats at 100% load you have great temps, if it's at 50 or 60% load not so good.

From the looks of things, it's under no load at all. I'll leave prime on tomorrow and do another screen print so you can see the difference. I'll also take a pic of the case without the cover so you can see the inside.

post-70255-0-73837400-1391412986_thumb.jpg

Edited by Danzer

These are the temps after several hours of Prime95 in blend mode. I also have the speedfan app open to show the difference between the HWMonitor. Please let me know if these temps are sufficient enough or if they should be little lower since I'm using an H80i with one fan in push config.

Thank you!

post-70255-0-47205400-1391478157_thumb.jpg

These are the temps after several hours of Prime95 in blend mode. I also have the speedfan app open to show the difference between the HWMonitor. Please let me know if these temps are sufficient enough or if they should be little lower since I'm using an H80i with one fan in push config.

Thank you!

Your temps look fine, I wouldn't worry about  them !