Intel Core 2 Duo E7400 overclocking

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah, the maximum i get is 65c

Im doing some crazy things with my pc these days... and its out of the case! temps now go up to 70 but i ll make them go a lot lower in the next week!

And yeah... im the 2nd one @ 4.2Ghz with a E7400!

And it's Stable ( i run prime for 2 hours)...

Edited by John_again

The answer to both of your questions is a definite maybe................. :)

Sorry, not trying to sound like a smarty britches - but the ee's put an eight pin plug there for a reason.

John,

I'm not sure. The additional pins do provide more stable power, but I don't know if that would translate into higher clocks without increasing the vcore.

I'll use my own experience as an example. My main board is a MSI Big Bang xPower X58. This board actually has two 8-pin connectors. I've overclocked with just a single 8-pin connected and with both 8-pins connected. Neither configuration affected my max overclock or the cpu voltage required to achieve them.

I just switch to a 8-pin, im running Prime95 right now to test stability once more!

My case is still incomplete with the temps go to 70c Maximum, i expect less than 60 when i finish with this..!

That's good to know, so i wont get fully disappointed if i fail overclocking higher!

One more thing,

I managed once to show the Real CPU clock in windows 7... but somehow i can't make it work again! And the clock is @2.80Ghz (in windows).

If you can share the settings for that in the bios i would be greatfull!

I miss something and im sure about that!

(Sorry again for my english! Im trying not to make lots of mistakes!)