Path of Exile

WhenKittensATK

I personally thing Diablo 3 is gonna blow this game away :P

Considering the first 30 min - 1 hr of Diablo 3 beta was insanely boring, while the first 30 min - 1 hr of PoE wasn't. I don't think it will in terms of gameplay.

Edited by AZNguyen

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest DeAd2RiGhTz

Considering the first 30 min - 1 hr of Diablo 3 beta was insanely boring, while the first 30 min - 1 hr of PoE wasn't. I don't think it will in terms of gameplay.

boring? you found it boring? I thought it was pretty sweet.... You prob found it boring becuz of the stupid lvl 13 level restriction and the like half an act of content

boring? you found it boring? I thought it was pretty sweet.... You prob found it boring becuz of the stupid lvl 13 level restriction and the like half an act of content

Nope, it was boring, plain and simple. You can go through the D3 thread for my analysis. Basically, D3 is completely dumbed down and as a result, completely turned me off.

Torchlight 2 is where it's at, with this right behind it.

Meh this is just your opinions. People should say in my opinion more often. I think both games look good.

It's my opinion that D3 is sub-par compared to T2 and PoE, but it's fact that it's been dumbed down from D2. Some people are okay with that; I am not.

It's my opinion that D3 is sub-par compared to T2 and PoE, but it's fact that it's been dumbed down from D2. Some people are okay with that; I am not.

Just like how WoW was dumbed down but has more players today than when it took hours to figure out where to spend 1 talent point? Cmon get real, D2 was always simple. I remember playing it as a middle school student and it was always very easy. Only in later patches did you get the combo stats and what not. So please don't make it out to seem that D3 is bad because it is simple. It's that formula that attracts more players then they introduce more difficulty to keep those players there.

If anyone wants to play this tonight [open beta] let me know, I'll play with some of you, partying and such...

I will attempt to, hopefully the wife will leave me alone since I got her the iPhone 4S for Mothers day lol.

Just like how WoW was dumbed down but has more players today than when it took hours to figure out where to spend 1 talent point? Cmon get real, D2 was always simple. I remember playing it as a middle school student and it was always very easy. Only in later patches did you get the combo stats and what not. So please don't make it out to seem that D3 is bad because it is simple. It's that formula that attracts more players then they introduce more difficulty to keep those players there.

There's a difference between simplifying things and dumbing things down. WoW was the former, D3 is the latter. I played D2 at launch, along with LoD. I even played the original Diablo before that, something most of you young'ns probably haven't done. D3 has automatic distribution of attribute points and automatic skill acquisition. That is dumbing down. There's no argument there. Now, like I said, some people are okay with that, even embracing it. I'm not one of those people. I understand Blizzard wanting to change things up, but to me it's a step back, not a step forward.

Back on the topic of Path of Exile....after just five minutes, I already enjoyed it more than D3. I chose "Shadow" as my class and am now level 6. The passive skill tree is extensive and complex. The way active skills are handled, with skill gems, is a neat touch and I like that they can be removed without penalty. The only thing that was a bit confusing at first is the currency system, or lack thereof. There is no gold in the game. Instead you trade your unwanted items to merchants and they offer you various scraps/components, the lowest form being a single Scroll of Wisdom scrap, of which five make a Scroll of Wisdom. I don't think it's necessarily a bad system, but I think they need to do a better job in-game of explaining it, maybe having a breakdown table of it all.

Overall, I'm enjoying it. Taking a little break now, but I'll be back on later to play with Andrew and whoever else wants to play. My character name is ShadeStriker in the "Default" League.

There's a difference between simplifying things and dumbing things down. WoW was the former, D3 is the latter. I played D2 at launch, along with LoD. I even played the original Diablo before that, something most of you young'ns probably haven't done. D3 has automatic distribution of attribute points and automatic skill acquisition. That is dumbing down. There's no argument there. Now, like I said, some people are okay with that, even embracing it. I'm not one of those people. I understand Blizzard wanting to change things up, but to me it's a step back, not a step forward.

Back on the topic of Path of Exile....after just five minutes, I already enjoyed it more than D3. I chose "Shadow" as my class and am now level 6. The passive skill tree is extensive and complex. The way active skills are handled, with skill gems, is a neat touch and I like that they can be removed without penalty. The only thing that was a bit confusing at first is the currency system, or lack thereof. There is no gold in the game. Instead you trade your unwanted items to merchants and they offer you various scraps/components, the lowest form being a single Scroll of Wisdom scrap, of which five make a Scroll of Wisdom. I don't think it's necessarily a bad system, but I think they need to do a better job in-game of explaining it, maybe having a breakdown table of it all.

Overall, I'm enjoying it. Taking a little break now, but I'll be back on later to play with Andrew and whoever else wants to play. My character name is ShadeStriker in the "Default" League.

I also played the original Diablo, both on the first Playstation and again on PC. So don't act like you're the grandfather of gaming. As for D2, yes I did enjoy the skill trees and the stats when you level up, but I also didn't like it because it could prevent you from content everyone should enjoy. Just because someone didn't do the correct build, now they can't go and fight bosses and stand a chance? That doesn't seem fair, especially for newer players.

In regards to D3, who can tell what is going to happen with future patches? I mean, isn't this the point of the beta, to see what works and what doesn't? You seem to forget that participating in a beta is so you can find bugs and give your opinion of the game and what should be changed to the creators of said game. Though, I do think you will be in the minority that does not like the game, and I doubt Blizzard would change the game to what the minority wants. If it works and a majority enjoys it, then that's it.

Last, I played PoE for about an hour today (more like 20min as I was trying to multitask). I liked it. The sphere skill tree is a little daunting, but only until you get into the swing of things and figure out what works with what you want to do. Hopefully it does not cost much, if anything, to reset your skills. Same thing, I would hate to spend points in the wrong path and be crap later on. Having a character that cannot progress on their own is VERY boring.

I chose "Shadow" as my class and am now level 6.
Did you have any disconnection issues at all?

They actually had JUST barely launched that class on Friday, not even in the closed beta had it been played yet!

The only thing that was a bit confusing at first is the currency system, or lack thereof. There is no gold in the game. Instead you trade your unwanted items to merchants and they offer you various scraps/components, the lowest form being a single Scroll of Wisdom scrap, of which five make a Scroll of Wisdom. I don't think it's necessarily a bad system, but I think they need to do a better job in-game of explaining it, maybe having a breakdown table of it all.
Definitely hard to understand, especially since lower gems are pretty much useless as actual currency used when 'trading' with another character.

I put that in quotes because there is no trade system set up yet, as of now to bu/sell/trade with another character you have to party with them, load up an environment and then just drop your items and hope for the best.

Sorry I didn't come back on last night.

I may be back on throughout the weekend.

want to do. Hopefully it does not cost much, if anything, to reset your skills.
You can get reset points as quest rewards or you can use an 'Orb of Regret' which when used gives you rest points.

You can get reset points as quest rewards or you can use an 'Orb of Regret' which when used gives you rest points.

That's good to know. Only got to level 3 so did not do that much. It is a very fun game and does remind me of D2. I will def. be purchasing a beta key. $25 Kiwi here I come!