CoolIT ECO A.L.C. Water Cooling Kit Tested

Nemo

HEHE!!! UPS knocked on the door and brought me mine tonight!! YAY! Not too shabby. It was definately a pain in the butt to mount to my board. I ended up breaking off the screw caps and screwing them with the bare brackets. Turns out you have to buy a special backplate from them if you have a plastic backplate -- which 95% of AMD boards come with... but I'm an engineer and made it work! Can't complain for free. :) Also had an extra blue fan from my old CPU cooler that I added to the radiator for push pull air flow.

Haven't run too many tests yet but so far it's about 15 degrees cooler at full load. So thats exciting.

PURDY! :thumbsup:

If I'd have known you didn't have the right backplate I would have told you.

My buddy has the high-end Gigabyte AM3 board with his 1090T, and didn't have any trouble installing his.

But mine was just a huge, terrible pain in the neck to install because my CPU is closer to the RAD.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I'd have known you didn't have the right backplate I would have told you.

My buddy has the high-end Gigabyte AM3 board with his 1090T, and didn't have any trouble installing his.

But mine was just a huge, terrible pain in the neck to install because my CPU is closer to the RAD.

Agreed... mine sits VERY close. Wish I would have known about the bracket ahead of time but it really wasn't a big deal to make it work -- just took some brute force to remove the plastic hand screws. I was just more surprised by the fact that it doesn't mention it anywhere until you go looking online about it.

I'm very happy with it though -- the only annoying part getting it in there was the tubes not being very flexible. Trying to move it around wasn't easy but once I got it on there, it's not going anywhere.

Nice.

@the world in general. Is it reviewers who get free stuff? I dont see that on your icons. Lucky ppl. :blink:

@Bosco. If you ever need another reviewer or someone to unload free stuff on i am available :teehee: . Seriously though i would love to be a reviewer.

Nice.

@the world in general. Is it reviewers who get free stuff? I dont see that on your icons. Lucky ppl. :blink:

@Bosco. If you ever need another reviewer or someone to unload free stuff on i am available :teehee: . Seriously though i would love to be a reviewer.

We entered CoolIT's Youtube Video Contest where they were giving away 100 coolers. Bout 25 people entered. :teehee:

Nice.

Nothing is free my friend. If you only knew what it takes behind the scenes it would surprise you.

Nothing is free my friend. If you only knew what it takes behind the scenes it would surprise you.

It was free to me.

5 minute video and a short shave, wasn't really all that labor intensive. I spend more time on the toilet on a daily basis.

I guess being quiet doesn't count for anything?

There is lots of reviews that don't get awards you just have to read them

alright bosco u got me on that 1 i hadent read many of the reviews . but oh oh someone did some snooping ok well still not that deep i got bored after looking at the last

ya 12 out of that 8 got gold and 4 got silver and on 1 of the reviews, 1 of the cons was and get this from a cooler was "high temps" so its only job was to stay cool and it couldnt do that and it got at least a silver . come on man as far as i can tell from the reviews there are no bad cpu coolers out there , no matter what you buy its worth the money. that cant be true there has to be 1 gold for best all out cooler , 1 gold for quietest but still good temps and 1 more gold for best bang for the buck.

8 golds and 4 silvers just seems like your trying to give good reviews.

Read those 12 reviews, read the installation process, study the graphs, read the "closer look" and check out what kind of fan that certain heatsink uses, and read the specs and features. Then read the conclusion. Maybe after all that reading you will agree with the reviewer?

8 golds and 4 silvers just seems like your trying to give good reviews.

And basing your entire opinion on the silver/gold system without reading each review seems like you're not trying hard enough. You're also forgetting that most of the coolers OCC does get are generally pretty good coolers. If OCC reviewed some of the truly awful coolers out there you'd just complain that they were useless reviews since we all knew they'd suck ahead of time.

Each cooler has it's pros and cons - if one at $30 performs worse than a $60 cooler it can still get a good rating despite the fact that it doesn't cool as well. A silent cooler may cool worse than a loud one...but does that mean it's not a good cooler?

Edited by Waco

I think everyone is missing the point that we got these coolers for free from a contest and we are just sharing that fact...

Anywho, Waco already got me to mod mine, and on full load I don't hit above 43 C. :) Beat that... :teehee:

Post pictures up soon.

Cut off the tubes that came with it, added a water bay and brought down the temps even more! Woo... :cheers:

Now just need to clean up the cable pile up behind my case :P

It looks so nice, but I don't have the balls to do that for mine. I wanted it because it's a sealed kit, no risk of leaking. :P