MAC HDD to Windows

LuckyDeath

So I was offered to buy a SSD from a friend who yanked it out of his Macbook Pro 13. The drive is a Samsung (I think they all are in Macs), and it looks to be an OEM version, I can't find retail information for this model anywhere. All good, I'm willing to chance it...

However, it already has OSX installed (obviously). I don't have a Mac, will I be able to format this drive in order to load Windows on it using my PC?

Thanks.

I know that I *must* format it. I was making sure I would be able to do this on my PC. This will be the PRIMARY drive, not a secondary drive, so this will be the only drive connected. Will I still be able to go into the BIOS and format the drive, or will trying to load up a Mac OS on my non-Mac hardware cause any problems?

Thanks.

after u plug the SSD drive in you must start the computer and boot from CD

install your windows 7 CD and it should ask where do you want to install and what drive to format

you can also use a program called gparted but u must download and burn it to a disk first

Thanks for the help.

I'm an avid Windows guy... I've only ever booted up a Mac once or twice. And I know they are big on their proprietary hardware... anyways, I will look into getting the drive then. Its a nice cheap way to get a SSD...

• 2 weeks later...

Its possible though difficult to run mac os on pc hardware. The main problems I can remember are that the OS is encrypted and you need hacked drivers.

That's not what he wants to do. But it isn't that hard. I have it on my computer. :)

• 2 months later...