Anonymous Threatens the Internet With "Operation Blackout"

NCC10281982B

Source

I'm not sure this is possible. As I recall user dns lookups are handled by ISP servers.

Thoughts?

Several people mentioned "resorting to using IP addresses" to that end I added OCC & everything else I care about to my rigs hosts file.

I'll be at work most of Saturday anyway so meh. Unless this event screws with the stores systems in which case "Hello Chaos"

I heard about this, but no "official" channel I've looked for seems to support this.

Besides, this seems more like a LulzSec operation then Anonymous. LulzSec does it for teh lulz (go figure) whereas Anonymous (the group as a whole at least) fights for causes they believe in, and I'm not sure how this would help serve them....

I'm set. I have Comcast, and out here I've noticed the DNS server goes down at least 2 hours a week, absolute minimum.

So ever since, I go through my bookmark changes about once a month to save the server IPs to a text document: I never delete any entries, in case I later decide to visit that page again. Because my internet experiences this without anon's help :doh:

Anyways, I doubt even Anon could pull this one off without getting caught. So I'm with the previous post:

I'll believe it when I see it.