AMD FX Breaks World Record

bp9801

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I meant the i7 990x or 980x, I don't think anyone ever turned off cores to see if it could go higher.

They do the same thing on Intel to get the highest clocks. Take a look at the CPUz screen shots for the max clocks on HWbot.

They do the same thing on Intel to get the highest clocks. Take a look at the CPUz screen shots for the max clocks on HWbot.

http://hwbot.org/submission/2170633_perica_barii_cpu_frequency_core_i7_extreme_990x_7092.82_mhz

That is the max 990x or 980x and it has all 6 cores active(Only thing disabled is HT). So where do you see them shutting off other cores? :huh:

http://hwbot.org/submission/2170633_perica_barii_cpu_frequency_core_i7_extreme_990x_7092.82_mhz

That is the max 990x or 980x and it has all 6 cores active(Only thing disabled is HT). So where do you see them shutting off other cores? :huh:

The link won't load for me, but I have a question. Based on the link, was that overclock only to 7092.82MHz? If that's the case, then it was not the previous record, which the FX just broke. The prior record was 8.309 GHz. That 7.092GHz may be the highest OC with all cores enabled, but not the record FX beat. Well, not yet; maybe that's what they will try for next month.

Edit: Finally it loaded. That score is in 205th position it says, so while it is definitely a high clock, it is not the highest, and it is possible disabling cores could help. After all, that will greatly reduce the heat put out for the CPU, which will definitely help.

The second highest is a celeron which is a single core. I was talking about i7 990x and 980x and said no one ever turned off cores to get the highest OC on them. So what I said was true. Now in other areas(SuperPi is an example) cores were shut off so that it was stable and could run it.(2 cores/threads on a 980x or 990x @ 6.9ghz)