Nvidias Hottest Weapon Benched!

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not sure about anyone else, but I completely and totally ignore 3dmark scores. They are useless when trying to measure real game performance since they are synthetic.

Ditto as a 3dmark score to me is worth as much as the deuces I drop every morning :lol:

BTW fantastic review ccokeman.

Edited by werty316

Frank how many PPD Folding will they put out?

About 180 points an hour . look at the stats page and look at the amount of units being completed under my name. Its sick. Also I have had 2 quads down for the day.

Here is my copy/paste from the comment section I posted earlier. Can't do line breaks and stuff under comments so excuse the grammer:

Great single card performance, but two things imo keep it from the being the card everyone hoped to see: price and powerdraw! Currently way too expensive for its performance-two last gen cards like 3870x2s can be had for less dough and perform way better. Hopefully the price will drop quickly so that shouldn't be a problem for too long. The real issue imo is the power draw...two of them use over 500 watts by themselves!! That will make tri-sli almost impossible since even with a 1kw psu you will be left with under 300watts for the rest of your system. Still impressive performance, and like always new products and competition is always great for us enthusiasts!

Cuda performance is amazing, and I am happy that people are finally beginning to use the massive parallel processing of graphics cards for more then just gaming. What I posted in the comments just about sums it up for me :) Even a single 9800GX2 for almost 200 bucks less seems a better deal - unless you fold that is!!! Bravo to the green team for an amazing folding beast...

:edit: On the topic of next gen gpus, here is a "budget" 4850 review for comparison. Yes, it is faster then a 9800GTX, and yes, it is under 200 bucks(:O) clicky. Cards like that in the "sweet spot" of price:performance are the ones that will bring in the most cash for the manufacturer. Looks like the next 8800GT to me...the GT280 does STOMP it...but at 1/3 the price you can get three of them and still have a few bucks left over :lol:. The real fight will be 4870x2 vs gt280 price:performance...

Just saw this on the egg. I was like "when did this come out?" I must have been sleeping or at work. :lol: 5500ppd :drool:

I wish the card was less than 650, I'd have to blow the entire stimulus check and then some.

About 180 points an hour . look at the stats page and look at the amount of units being completed under my name. Its sick. Also I have had 2 quads down for the day.

good god...that's %@#$@#$ insane

So is the OCC going to review ATI's cards soon? As the 4850's are now for sale on newegg..

800 Stream processors.. Crazy..

The launch time just past about 30mins ago it was supposed to be the 25th. This is why you are seeing alot of reviews that are previews and not full reviews only a few sites were able to get full reviews.

As to why sites did full reviews before the NDA was lifted is behind me, but we will have ours up here within the hour or so.