WTS: Pair of Unlocked 2GB Sapphire 6950s

DarkScorpion

I have a pair of Sapphire 2GB 6950s with the BIOS switch that allows you to easily switch between the 6950 and 6970 shaders. Both cards are currently running unlocked, in crossfire, at 6950 clock speeds without a single problem. The BIOS switch doesn't change the clocks, but both cards should run 6970 clocks fine via software. I ran one card at 6970 speeds flawlessly before I bought the other, but when I had them in crossfire, I kept the clocks at stock since I had no need for the extra speed. One is the Dirt3 edition, and the other is the non-Dirt3 edition, but they are essentially identical.

$205 + shipping each via paypal. I am located in Austin, TX if you're local. I have lots of feedback on various forums and eBay, so don't hesitate to ask for some if you'd like some reassurance. I can provide pictures, but they will be taken with the cards in my PC since I'm still using them.

EDIT: Both have been sold.

Edited by DarkScorpion

You in school? I graduated from UT in 2009.

As for those cards... any chance you could test them (unlocked) at 6970 clocks in XFire to test stability?

Yup, I'm a grad student here now. I can definitely test them and run some benches and what not if there's genuine interest. I'll throw up some screen shots when I get back from class.

Edited by DarkScorpion

I'm currently trying to get the clock speeds to 6970 speeds, but for some reason, I can't select anything over 840/1325. You'll have to bear with me as I figure out what's going on. The cards are definitely stable at these speeds though! Haha.

Here is a link below on how to enable higher clocks on an unlocked 6950. Someone pick these up! I love mine, can run BF3 maxed out with triple digit FPS'.

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?265787-Want-HD6950-CrossFireX-with-unlocked-shaders-and-higher-CCC-limits

Thanks for the heads up. For the time being, I'd rather not flash the BIOS and would rather let a potential buyer do that on their own.

BUMP! As well as a price drop.