amd raid fail ...trying to raid ssd's

cjloki

would someone kindly explaing how to use the amd raidexpert software to build a raid 0 with the new ssd's and (supposedly) monitor my drives in the windows environment,....i honestly am not getting it and i'm about to go buy a raid card to connect 'em to...so how does it work ?

yes it is waco, i went there first and did the control-f thing and tried to set up the block size and al at boot and so on but it's not the same on this board and just shows the drives available, and nothing about configurations...i don't get it, imma go back in there right now and try it yet again,....i must be missing something...

CJ - In the Option ROM Utility you should have four menu choices;

1. View drive assignments

2. LD View / LD Define

3. Deleted LD menu

4. Controller configuration

Are you selecting option #2 to choose and then create the RAID array?  What settings are you using in the controller configuration option menu?

Also, with that m/b and chipset you might need to install the RAID drivers during the Windows OS installation via floppy, cd or usb.

yes it is waco, i went there first and did the control-f thing and tried to set up the block size and al at boot and so on but it's not the same on this board and just shows the drives available, and nothing about configurations...i don't get it, imma go back in there right now and try it yet again,....i must be missing something...

pfft ya know what, i figured out what i was doing wrong, got it...amd's are a little bit different tho...

yup jerry, it was the "ld define" that was messing with me...it's all good now,... win 8 is reloading in the new 256gig ssd drive...

CJ - since I don't have your exact board I don't know for sure, but I think that the AMD RAID expert application is installed with the AMD RAID Chipset driver package.  I haven't used it in a while so options / settings / capabilities have probably changed since I last used it.

Last time I used it all it did was take you to a web browser interface for remote administration of your RAID array.  Frankly I never saw any use in it and if I remember correctly I completely uninstalled it without any noticeable impact to the performance or reliability of my array.  My disclaimer here is that I was running it with 2 and 3 WD Raptor 76Gb drives - so I don't have any idea on the impact using SSD.

Good luck.

yea all i'm seeing is a web login page that i have no way to access,...idk,...i'll see if i can find the manual that goes with it and maybe try it out for the giggles,...heehhee !

Untitled.jpg

The Raidexpress software is more or less just use to monitor some points on the raids your running. You cant do much in a raid 0 but you can do things like add to a raid 5 or change a 5 around to a 1.

It will show states on each drive so you can see how much is written to the drives, stuff like that. It also shows the smart status of each drive. As you cant do any of that through the bios.

I do believe the log info is login:admin password:admin

Edited by bigball1