Headset Suggestion?

Fragsman

I know no-one here would ever be caught NOT messing with settings, but I like to remind people dedicated sound or not, always remember to adjust the sample rate/bit depth in the sound card properties. Windows sets it to conservative low settings by default, and there is such a noticeable difference between 16/24bit and 44kHz and 192kHz.

I see this is an old post, but since it's been bumped...

I've been using the Tt eSports Shock for almost two years now and love them: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826254004

That is a good one. My gf use this one for listening to music. I have also used it and for that $40 price tag, it provides very good performance.

Well, I have a somewhat large head, so finding a comfortable headset is quite tricky. The sliding size adjustments just don't really help, as they just push the ear piece down below my ears. I have been through a few headsets, from cheap, to mid level. I found the Platronics to be quite comfortable, as they flex enough to cover my ears, yest have proven durable enough not to break in half like most of my others. Note that the earphones are not noise canceling, and while slightly muffled, you can still hear most ambient sounds. This is a good or bad thing, depending on your needs; I have children, so being able to hear what's going on in the house while gaming is important to me.

This subject can be discussed infinitum. All the suggestion you read in this post are probably good suggestions but it all boils down to personal preference & price. It's always best to try before you buy but that's not always possible so choose the one you think is best for you in your price range. Having said that nobody has suggested the ROCCAT Kave 5.1 which I use & find them brilliant. Here's a link: http://www.roccat.org/Products/Gaming-Sound/ROCCAT-Kave-5-1/