delta fan with 3 pin

hi, i just got my self some cheap delta fans on sale( a lot actually ) but some part number end with R00 and some F00 all of them is 3 pin type. i know the F00 will output tach but the R00 is for failure detector. my question is can put i the R00 fan directly to motherboard fan header? i don't mind not having tach reading just want to know if it will cause any problem to the header or not.

no, they're not high rpm almost all of the fan is rated 3500rpm max with amperage not more the 0.6A except for two 38mm which is rated 1.5A (this will definitely burn the header :lol: )

back to the question, is there going to be any adverse effect if i plug in the R00 directly to the header or should i cut the failure detector wire and make it 2 pin fan ?

.6 amps is pushing the limits of what I'd attach to a motherboard.

The RPM sensor will probably just report funky values or nothing on the weird fans though.

lol 3500rpm is insanely high for a fan....I would listen to Waco . I myself don't know ether way .

actually most delta fans i have encountered spin at minimum 5000rpm so i consider this as medium speed :lol:

.6 amps is pushing the limits of what I'd attach to a motherboard.

The RPM sensor will probably just report funky values or nothing on the weird fans though.

guess i play safe and make it 2 pin then, the reason i want to plug it in my motherboard is so that i can control the speed. i don't have space for a fan controller and luckily my motherboard is able to control the fan via voltage. just got a reply from asrock tech telling me that they're motherboard fan header is rated 1 amp per header so it think it should be safe.

3 pin fans are not PWM controlled fan. 3rd pin serves as RPM monitoring (gives a pulse each turn). I had a 35mm thick 3500RPM fan, it sounded like a jet taking off while running at 12V. It was a molex one so I modified the wiring to have 7V instead of 12. The sound of it was then tolerable. It provided good enough airflow to keep a pentium D 820 with stock cooler below 78 on summer.