looking for Korean 30" IPS monitor & accurate color

monographix

Thanks! 

Some things to confirm

1. are there standard gamut monitors that can reproduce 90%+ of the sRGB space and do it correctly? (and also have good tonal scaling ?)

2. colours on a wide gamut monitor (calibrated or not) connected on a pro graphics card  do not appear oversaturated and over vibrant ? (opposed to how they appear on a wide gamut  monitor connected to a commercial graphic card) 

3. all 30" monitors are IPS and wide-gamut?

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks! 

Some things to confirm

1. are there standard gamut monitors that can reproduce 90%+ of the sRGB space and do it correctly? (and also have good tonal scaling ?)

2. colours on a wide gamut monitor (calibrated or not) connected on a pro graphics card  do not appear oversaturated and over vibrant ? (opposed to how they appear on a wide gamut  monitor connected to a commercial graphic card) 

3. all 30" monitors are IPS and wide-gamut?

1) I do not know. I wouldn't say a standard but most, if not all pro monitors can reproduce a good range. I would just look up reviews that cover DeltaE in the reviews

2) I would say a bit more vibrant if you are not use to it. After about a week you stop noticing it. I found it just comes from realizing what the colors are suppose to be compared to years of going on OCC and seeing certain shade of blue instead of a off purple you become use to seeing lol.

3). NO and NO.

I suppose the 30" apple cinema in my office and my home 24" HP ZR24W are operating on a factory default sRGB emulation mode ?

They are both connected to mainstream cards and their colors are looking like sRGB level of saturation / vibrance.

I think those monitors are both wide-gamut ? 

Cow, what monitors you have? Do you happen to know maybe anything about the Korean 30" ones?

Im using 2x Dell 2410 monitors, as for the Korean monitors, I know nothing more than reviews currently out. From what i've read, it doesn't have all the bells and whistles so I can't see it having anything more than sRGB. 

Thanks! 

Some things to confirm

2) I would say a bit more vibrant if you are not use to it. After about a week you stop noticing it. I found it just comes from realizing what the colors are suppose to be compared to years of going on OCC and seeing certain shade of blue instead of a off purple you become use to seeing lol.

The thing is with my colour requirements that i need to see my designs and photo editing mainly as they appear on average mainstream devices (aprox sRGB i suppose) AND CMYK offset printing which colour range is even more limited and duller than sRGB. 

Edited by monographix

Cow, what monitors you have? Do you happen to know maybe anything about the Korean 30" ones?

Im using 2x Dell 2410 monitors, as for the Korean monitors, I know nothing more than reviews currently out. From what i've read, it doesn't have all the bells and whistles so I can't see it having anything more than sRGB. 

From what i read everywhere all those korean 30" are wide-gamut LG panels ... without bells and whistles in most cases. Some though are fully equipped. 

Edited by monographix

Its mentioned in few places in web, (one is here http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?240965-Standard-Gamut-S-IPS-LCDs&p=4153716&viewfull=1#post4153716 ) that if using Radeon, enabling EDID under color temperature settings in CCC equals sRGB emulation in a wide-gamut monitor. Is that so ?

So far i am told that no Korean 30" yet, has sRGB emulation mode

Edited by monographix