Password, Email and wibesite Vaults

Renigade

My Usernames Email addresses and Password list is getting extensively refunkindiculos. I need to organize my chaotic and disheveled MESS.

I am looking for a program that I can sync from PC to Phone(iPhone currently)

some of them are 9.99 on iTunes some are more some are less... any one use them at all? or are they a waste of money ? should I just use an Excel spread sheet and password protect it?

But either way I am tired of forgetting what Email is with what site and what secret question did i use for what site etc etc etc... any Help?

Edited by Renigade

I personally have always liked the way Google manages my contacts and how everything transfers with ease between my phones and email.

Not useful for you though haha.

Havent used any of those and dont feel i could ever justify $10 on an app to make a core feature, i have always had, work properly.

I wouldn't trust anyone but me to keep my passwords safe.  And I feel your pain, I started counting how many passwords I have to remember and I lost interest in counting when I got to 31.

I use LastPass and I really like it. I use it for my more important sites such as banking and use the random password generation feature. I only have to remember one complex password instead of 10+.

Thank you CheeseMan42! that will greatly simplify my life!

After a brief review of the available options in this type of software platforms and checking reviews I have pretty much ascertained that (IMO) LastPass is in fact the best of the best.

If you have not even looked into this lately or have never looked into this software I HIGHLY ENCOURAGE YOU DO !

Check reviews

Check Security Issues

Check The Frequency of Patches

Nuff Said

Thank you again CheeseMan42!

I was looking into this software because the GF's PC had recently been compromised so after reformatting her HD and reinstalling her OS (  :wub: Acronis True Image Home ) going through 8 hours of remembering password and getting some reset and changing user names and password I felt it was time to simplify this entire process instead of trying to reinvent the wheel and revamp my Spread Sheet.

What a time saver!

• 4 weeks later...

I wouldn't trust anyone but me to keep my passwords safe.  And I feel your pain, I started counting how many passwords I have to remember and I lost interest in counting when I got to 31.

31? I wish!

I use an open office spreadshet to track my info.

I just looked, 174 usernames/sites and there are a few new ones i have to add to the list, like this site and outcast studios

31? I wish!

I use an open office spreadshet to track my info.

I just looked, 174 usernames/sites and there are a few new ones i have to add to the list, like this site and outcast studios

I just stopped counting at 31.  :lol:  I have more, but I know I'm no where close to 174 even if I counted all the websites I used to go to and no longer do.   That's too much.  I don't have enough time in the day to worry about 174 separate logons. 

I just know I wouldn't trust any company to keep my passwords safe.  A password safe company sounds like a great idea for an identity thief.   At that point it would probably be safer to just write 'em on a piece of paper since then all you have to worry about is physical security.