are amd card prices going to drop soon?

I am currently thinking about a new card

looking at the XFX 7950, 479$

but are the prices going to drop soon?

I heard nvidia card's were on the way

and new 7800 amd cards? don't know much about those

so, is the 7950$ going to stay around the price and performance it is currently at, or is it going to drop in price very soon?

Ive been keeping an eye on 6850 prices and they seem stuck at 130$ for many months

I have one 6850, so would running crossfire be a better alternative than 479$ for a 7950?

I need a more powerful GPU because i want to run 2 games at the same time

I need a more powerful GPU because i want to run 2 games at the same time

Why?

And 6850 crossfire is beast, if you have the patience to work through the drivers. Took me a while to get mine working

Many people are hoping that the 79xx prices would fall when Kepler comes out since their prices are blowned-up to begin with.. AMD would've to lower their prices or people would start flocking on NVIDIA's card since they're said to be cheaper then current 79xx. I'd suggest to wait for Kepler to be released and see how it is then (said to be released sometime this month)

As for the 7870, based on the reviews out now, it's on par or better then a 570/6970 while priced at around $349 (current 6970 prices) so I think they deserve some attention from many.. Not sure when it'll be released though..

Or you could just wait and see how Kepler performs and grab one if it's to your liking :)

:cheers:

As for the 7870, based on the reviews out now, it's on par or better then a 570/6970 while priced at around $349 (current 6970 prices) so I think they deserve some attention from many.. Not sure when it'll be released though..

This is not quite correct, the 7870 is on par with the 570 in price, in performance it is closer to the 580, the 7850 is in price close to the 560ti but holds it's own with a 570 in performance.

Of the entire 7000 series release the 7800 are the only ones that seem truly compelling. However with Kepler coming on strong I think we could see something change soon. I would say if you have do not need more speed to hold fast a little longer and see what Kepler does to the card landscape.

yeah, I just saw some benchmarks for the 7870 and it looks be a huge value compared to the 7950 and almost on par

I dont know if I want to wait a few months though, has a street date been confirmed yet?

I want to run two games because one of those games is crafting fantasy 7 where I do nothing but push mouse 1

so between doing nothings, I want to run another game like TF2

I can do it with the 6850, but when I add a second monitor it starts to lag

not sure if its lacking in GPU power or a GPU memory issue

Most of the people are expecting prices to drop soon.

MSI N570GTX is $50 cheaper than it was a week ago.

MSI N570GTX Twin Frozr III PE/OC GeForce GTX 570 (Fermi) 1280MB 320-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card