Mountain biking

Coors

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still can't get quote to work, i know a mod will read this eventually =p

wardozer, i'm going to assume that since he bought  a mountain bike coors is not planning to do a huge amount of street riding, on that assumption i would beg to differ on the twin rails recommendation, that money would i think be better spent on a tubeless set up. Those tires are going to do excellent on the road and on hard ground, but if you get into deep sand, mud, waster, even wet grass probably, they will be a disadvantage. That said they are excellent tires, i have heard nothing but good about them from my street riding buddies.

I hadn't thought of the grip, that is a very good point on the gloves. Grip is invaluable when you start to sweat and or it rains.

If you are going to commute coors, get a cheap bike, that one will be jacked in minutes of being left alone.

I won't be commuting with it. I'll mostly be doing trails but also some paved bike paths too. I'm not a fan of riding on the street. I don't trust all of the idiots out there driving lol.

I'd like to start commuting atleast to my job.

Sadly my school would be far too much to do (25ish miles that takes like 35ish minutes in car/on motorcycle).

Edited by IVIYTH0S

• 2 weeks later...

I am an avid mountain biker. I mainly do trail rides and dirt jumping, but occasionally I head to resorts for some downhill.

Current Bikes:

Trail: 2006 Santa Cruz Superlight (this needs to be replaced asap. Not enough travel or rake for trails in CO)

DJ: 2012 Haro Steel Reserve 1.1

I want to pick up a DH bike too so I can stop renting.

The formula to figure out how many bikes you should own: (number of bikes you currently own) + 1 = the ideal number of bikes for you.

Well I have been bit by the upgrading bug, something shocking. My old bike now has the forks and brakes from my current bike. Shimano M416 mech disc brake on the front, generic v-brakes on the rear, RST Gila Pro TNL 100mm w/hydrolic lockout and custom spring.

The new frame I gave my old bike is some pos full suspension frame that I picked up for next to nothing and felt like playing with.

There are new brake and gear cables along with grips and other assorted items I am still waiting on.

In the mean time my current bike is also down for the count without a front fork. Next week sees the arrival of a new 2012 Rockshox Reba RL Fork with 120mm travel, crown lockout (order the poploc remote system) in white too to contrast nicely with my Black 2011 Talon 3 from Giant.

Got some new white grips, pedals, break and gear cables coming too, currently have the Avid BB7s and G3 rotors but well can't instal the front one yet haha.

By the end of the fortnight I hope to have both ready to go hit the commonwealth games track.

I am an avid mountain biker. I mainly do trail rides and dirt jumping, but occasionally I head to resorts for some downhill.

Current Bikes:

Trail: 2006 Santa Cruz Superlight (this needs to be replaced asap. Not enough travel or rake for trails in CO)

DJ: 2012 Haro Steel Reserve 1.1

I want to pick up a DH bike too so I can stop renting.

The formula to figure out how many bikes you should own: (number of bikes you currently own) + 1 = the ideal number of bikes for you.

Any idea what you want to replace your superlight?

A Yeti SB66 is the current front runner. My friend has the carbon version and loves it. I'll probably start shopping around January.

Edited by Vasto

A Yeti SB66 is the current front runner. My friend has the carbon version and loves it. I'll probably start shopping around January.
Looking at the carbon or alu version? And I can see that you really do want the extra travel height haha just a nice 6" not interested in the SB95 29er?

I am stuck with my talon 3 which while it is still a great bike is low on the ground clearance. Not going to see any more upgrades or a replacement though for a few years.

Also War where are you at now?

Looking at the carbon or alu version? And I can see that you really do want the extra travel height haha just a nice 6" not interested in the SB95 29er?

Definitely the alu version. I would be so pissed if I bailed and had a rock rip through the carbon. I'll take dents over tears any day. As for the 29er, as of now I prefer 26ers for their nimbleness. I like being able to toss around a bike on corners.

And I'm located in beautiful Colorado right now. Absolute mecca for MTBing. It has gotten me into such better biking shape (and quick). I still suck air at 13K feet, but I don't expect that to really ever change.

The talon 3 is a nice bike. I imagine you ride it clipless to keep your feet planted a little easier. How are the trails in Australia? In mountain biking movies it seems like they always go to NZ instead.

Definitely the alu version. I would be so pissed if I bailed and had a rock rip through the carbon. I'll take dents over tears any day. As for the 29er, as of now I prefer 26ers for their nimbleness. I like being able to toss around a bike on corners.

And I'm located in beautiful Colorado right now. Absolute mecca for MTBing. It has gotten me into such better biking shape (and quick). I still suck air at 13K feet, but I don't expect that to really ever change.

The talon 3 is a nice bike. I imagine you ride it clipless to keep your feet planted a little easier. How are the trails in Australia? In mountain biking movies it seems like they always go to NZ instead.

I know what you mean, I am considering going a 69er to see how it feels. As for terms well I was cleaning down my bike as i was swapping parts and my god have I done a number on parts of it haha if I had rigid carbon forks they'd have definately be gone.

Never gone clips, considered it when I was riding to school but well when I am out on the trail I much prefer being able to plant a foot in a tight corner or bail when I need to haha

Trails a great got a whole heap of trails the sit literally right behind my work and only a 15min drive from home. That's at Lysterfield Lake and its the home to hours of trails of all difficulties. The really annoying part is it lacks any real downhill sections of a really good length. Which is why I hope to make it to Falls Creek and Mt Beauty this year for a camping and mountain biking holiday. Have to wait till Summer though, won't be to fun with snow over everything.

I know what you mean, I am considering going a 69er to see how it feels. As for terms well I was cleaning down my bike as i was swapping parts and my god have I done a number on parts of it haha if I had rigid carbon forks they'd have definately be gone.

Never gone clips, considered it when I was riding to school but well when I am out on the trail I much prefer being able to plant a foot in a tight corner or bail when I need to haha

Trails a great got a whole heap of trails the sit literally right behind my work and only a 15min drive from home. That's at Lysterfield Lake and its the home to hours of trails of all difficulties. The really annoying part is it lacks any real downhill sections of a really good length. Which is why I hope to make it to Falls Creek and Mt Beauty this year for a camping and mountain biking holiday. Have to wait till Summer though, won't be to fun with snow over everything.

You know, thats exactly what i thought about clips, but now i can ride turns i would otherwise have freaked out on and planted my foot on.