Queenz Case Painting Worklog

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Paint looks awesome!! Ill be starting my painting on Saturday when the new case for my i7 setup comes in and I can only hope it turns out that well. I do have one question for the taking apart of the entire chassis however. Is there ever any concern about everything not going back together quite right? What I mean is, assuming that when you re-rivet it, if there are a few that dont quite line up correctly(I dont think im explaining this right) is there a way to avoid the whole case ending up "wobbly"? Oh man....wait until I have my morning coffee then I'll be able to explain myself better. GJ Queenz!!!

EDIT: W00t for my first post!! *Dashes off to the introduction section*

When you re-rivet everything back together the case shouldn't be wobbly as long as you put all the pieces back the right way and re-rivet every single hole and joint. The case was so tight to take apart, so I wouldn't suspect of a wobbling problem when put back together the right way.

Lookin good so far. I'm thinking about cutting a hole in the bottom of my antec 900 to flip the PSU upside down and do the cable routing behind the motherboard, so I'll probably do some painting too. I'll probably use the exact paint you used because it looks really sweet.

Lookin good so far. I'm thinking about cutting a hole in the bottom of my antec 900 to flip the PSU upside down and do the cable routing behind the motherboard, so I'll probably do some painting too. I'll probably use the exact paint you used because it looks really sweet.

Use a dremel to cut the hole :) Then sand the edges with the dremel. I'm all out of black paint at the moment so I won't be able to post on more results till after the weekend.

BTW thank you Andrew :)

And to let you guys know, no parts got a clearcoat yet. I'm still waiting to finish painting the rest of everything and give them a couple of coats then post up the pictures.

Use a dremel to cut the hole :) Then sand the edges with the dremel. I'm all out of black paint at the moment so I won't be able to post on more results till after the weekend.

BTW thank you Andrew :)

And to let you guys know, no parts got a clearcoat yet. I'm still waiting to finish painting the rest of everything and give them a couple of coats then post up the pictures.

hey, you do good work mister, i'm impressed.......good job.......gnite from cj