NVIDIA GTX 690 Reviewed

You dont need 4x680s. A single 680 can run any game for the next 4 years lol

That's never stopped you. You always get the next greatest thing -- even if it isn't "great". The day you last with a piece of hardware for 4 years...well I might just DIE. hahahaha :lol:

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's never stopped you. You always get the next greatest thing -- even if it isn't "great". The day you last with a piece of hardware for 4 years...well I might just DIE. hahahaha :lol:

4 years? Try 4 months! :lol:

The green-eyed monster

How he consumes me

Such a suspicious glare

Rips from my eyes

Behold, I shy not

From such an imperfection

Shelter of my pride

I may lay in oblivion

Me, not he

To want- and need

Heed not, fight I will

I've won this battle

In my dreams

With envy serving

As my sword - victory!

Joy, crimson puddles

Though why?

Such dizziness could only-

Be a lie! The pain

Must be of sore muscles,

Yet you clutch- my heart

In your hands..

Stefanie Fontker

Dare we go further? :P

No because even with all of Nyt's experience switching hardware not even he can install his new crap and bench it enough times in four hours to satisfy him for a little while.

step right up, step right up folks, who wants a 690 in australia?

well today is your lucky day, you can get one for the bargain basement price of $1599, (shipping not included)

thats right folks, a mere 63% markup compared to america, thats right! only 63%

crazy i know, i must be going out of business selling them this cheap!

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=416&products_id=20169

:pfp:

Edited by Muchoman1

step right up, step right up folks, who wants a 690 in australia?

well today is your lucky day, you can get one for the bargain basement price of $1599, (shipping not included)

thats right folks, a mere 63% markup compared to america, thats right! only 63%

crazy i know, i must be going out of business selling them this cheap!

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=416&products_id=20169

:pfp:

You know what's even more riddiculous than the price.... That it is already sold out.

4 years? Try 4 months! :lol:

4 months? Try 4 weeks! :lol:

The next obvious...4 days. hahahahaha

Okay now joking aside there is some validity to the concept that gaming needs have slowed. Look at all the big releases over the last year, the need for high end hardware to get a great gaming experience was just not there. Game developers are not pushing the tech as hard anymore. They are working m ore with cross platform designing which means lower hardware demands. they have accepted that the majority of people do not run high end equipment and have made the games for that majority to enjoy. I mean I know people today still running HD4850's that are happily playing Skyrim. Look at the Steam info, GeForce 9xxx series cards are still near the top of the list.

It is easy for us to make jokes about this but there is a definite slow down in the need to march forward for the tech. We see this even in the PCU market, the AMD Phenom II and the original Intel i5 are still very viable chips and systems built around them still game very well.I mean who would have thought 4 years ago that the Phenom II could still be a great gaming CPU this much later in life?

Then look at the todays hardware with the pricing. I mean it is really not that hard to believe that a $500 card could be viable after 3 to 4 years let alone a $1000 card.