are DDR3 prices going up again?

potatochobit

was thinking about upgrading my NAS file server

but when I look at DDR3 prices, they are higher than they were last year

this is really weird since SSD prices are dropping so much

so what should I do? 

I need the cheapest CPU and MB combo

it has to be 8GB though, so that would make DDR2 too expensive?

can we expect DDR3 prices to drop significantly this black friday?

yeah they are going up. two years ago just about this time, I got a 32gb G.skill kit for $120. They will drop again when DDR4 takes off. Maybe another price fixing event will happen.

yeah they are going up. two years ago just about this time, I got a 32gb G.skill kit for $120. They will drop again when DDR4 takes off. Maybe another price fixing event will happen.

Yeah, I did the same thing. I'm glad I ordered 48GB of the G.Skill kits. I thought they were around $44 per 2x8GB kit? Anyways, DDR3 was cheap! Samsung Wonder RAM 2x4GB for $35 at it's lowest.

Price is probably going up since most are manufacturing DDR4 RAM, maybe? They probably don't want DDR3 prices to go down so more people just settle for DDR3 setups instead of moving onto DDR4.

Yeah, I did the same thing. I'm glad I ordered 48GB of the G.Skill kits. I thought they were around $44 per 2x8GB kit? Anyways, DDR3 was cheap! Samsung Wonder RAM 2x4GB for $35 at it's lowest.

Price is probably going up since most are manufacturing DDR4 RAM, maybe? They probably don't want DDR3 prices to go down so more people just settle for DDR3 setups instead of moving onto DDR4.

Ding ding ding! This is my theory, prices may not go down much if at all because they want to sell DDR4, just like how measly DDR2 is still fairly expensive.