Sapphire 6990 Reviewed

Bosco

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

great review :thumbsup:. also nice to see the crossfire / sli comparisons.

cant wait to see the cooling solutions gigabyte, saphire etc. make to improve the poor design.

i feel sorry for ccokeman's ears. it must have been loud if he could only manage to turn the fan up to 80%

EDIT: grammar

Edited by bilcliff

great review :thumbsup:. also nice to see the crossfire / sli comparisons.

cant wait to see the cooling solutions gigabyte, saphire etc. make to improve the poor design.

i feel sorry for ccokeman's ears. it must have been loud if he could only manage to turn the fan up to 80%

EDIT: grammar

I don't think the solution is poor since its essentially 2 6970's on a pcb only a couple of inches longer...they could always make it a triple slot and fit a few larger fans or bigger heatsink?

I could hear the damn thing when I was on the phone with him :down:

Yea these 6000 series cards from AMD are freaking loud! I could not believe the noise level when you ramp the fan speed up! Bosco, you probably could of heard them just opening your front door :wacko: Which is why I will have to put these 6970's under water, the noise is just too rediculous!

Awesome review ccokeman :cheers: It was sd, but I have to 2nd the :thumbsup: on the xfire/sli comparision numbers. Really gives us a better look at performance!

Also, there have been many OCC members talking trash about the temps on this dual gpu card, long before it came out! Where are you now ;) Guess you will have to start talking about the noise :rolleyes: Deservedly so :ph34r:

Well not just in terms of raw power but in also cooling, quiet and power usage.

well the power usage is the same really..except when you switch the switch...cooling? I think the 6990 wins in quietness(Very Very Load and people werecomplaining about the 6970 and 6950!)

Bosco is the card really that load that you could hear it on a phone?

Edited by Dan The Gamer

Ya sounded like a Vacuum. I didn't ask him what load he was running at but even still to drown him out thats BS. AMD needs to get better cooling this stupid stock crap is for the birds.

Ya sounded like a Vacuum. I didn't ask him what load he was running at but even still to drown him out thats BS. AMD needs to get better cooling this stupid stock crap is for the birds.

annd its using vapor thingy too! Its just the fan though...shoulda went triple slot and slapped on 3 120mm's on it...